At my wits end

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by littlemissy1, Nov 16, 2011.

1. littlemissy1

littlemissy1 Well-Known Member

I'm sitting here crying after getting my baby to bed tonight. She is wonderful - so smiley and happy generally, I used to be able to say she only cried when hungry or tired. Except that isn't true anymore - she is quite whingy! Constantly and it's so so draining. I was blaming teeth but that can't be just it.

The other thing is that she is very mobile, crawling and pulling herself up on everything, which means she can't be left alone for a second. I don't even get the chance to get a cuppa! When I do (if DH makes me one) she cries as she wants to try everything that we have! We do give her a little of any food we have but I think a cup of tea is pushing it.

Has anyone got any tips for getting a minute to myself? and the reason for the whinging?

I know I am so lucky to have her and wouldn't change her for the world but at the minute I can't wait to go back to work!

Thank you

2. blinkybaby

blinkybaby Well-Known Member

Could it be a wonder week hun?

Is she like it all the time or have you noticed it peaks and then eases off a bit? In case you're not sure, a wonder week is a period of rapid mental development which can be very overwhelming for them and cause them to be whingy, whiney, and just generally very difficult!

It could also be teeth. Louie has two coming through at the moment and it's prett bad with the whining a lot of the time :(

Hope it gets better.xxx
    xxx

3. ronnie1234

ronnie1234 One child aged five

I have a whingey winey baby at the moment too!

4. stardust599

stardust599 Well-Known Member

Mine is always whingy, demanding, upset and clingy. You get used to it.

Coffee is saved for special occasions - like visiting when someone else can amuse my LO or at work only. Sometimes I will sit down with a coffee after LO has gone to bed

Otherwise I just work with her and try to enjoy it xx

5. tummymummy

tummymummy mummy of 2 and growing 1

Big hugs hun xxxxxxxx

6. NewMummyx

NewMummyx mummy to 1 and WTT

OMG i am the same!!

LO isnt mobile apart from rolling which he is doing in his sleep and waking himself up 5x a night :wacko:
    If i hold him he whinges, if i lay him down he whinges, i cant win atm and im very tired.

i wish hewould be happy for 5 minutes! :dohh: