At What Age...

KX

Reaction score
Did you or are you planning to stop using baby monitors?

I still use them but I know a lot of people who stopped after the 1 year mark. Im too scared to remove them just now :blush:

I still have the beeping on throughout the night to let me know she is still breathing (sensor mat) Dale got used to it eventually! he he

OMG you must ave read my mind ....

was thinking this the past few days as im looking into 2 way monitors and thinking ... will i need these maddie will be 1 ...

But im the same as you ... worried about removing them.

My aunt said she removed hers when meghan could talk/shout if she needed anyone, which is what i might do TBH ...

So yep 2 way monitors it will be!
xxx

I never had to have one with Jonny he was soooo loud!

lol if you look in the buy swap sell wanted you will see that Iwant some cause in my new house I cant really hear Noah if he cries and he is 16 months! Its not like he is old enough to come down stairs or call out to me if he needs me. At the moment he has a cold so has been getting a bit distressed at night, we have to keep mutting the TV to check if we can hear him, and he has a bloody loud cry.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fisher-Price...7QQihZ020QQcategoryZ20435QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

what about these cat???

xxx

Thank you Imi, I have just placed a bid!

Glad i could help ...

they looked decient!

also noticed on the sellers shop cat they have them at Buy now for £14.99 a quid cheeper!!

xxx

I was trying to remember when I stopped using them for Jade the other day.......but do you kow what, I think you should use them until you feel comfortable not using them any longer, all they do is give YOU piece of mind, and it is nothing you are going to have to worry about weaning the little'uns off, so I stay stop when you feel comfy, where is the harm? You gain alot from them so they are doing YOU good! :) I intend to use Alfie's (once he is in his own room) for as long as I feel I need to.

I think Emily was about 3 when i finally unplugged it
Don't use it upstairs at night, i think it's like part of the furniture lol
Our house it quite big with lots of doors so only time i can hear without monitors is if i'm in the kitchen!!

Harley has never had one, well maybe for the first week, but he has been in his own room since 6weeks but im a light sleeper so i can hear him any way
with Dior i used one til she started sleeping through

still use one for Kacy, Can't hear her if she wakes up in the morning i think i'm going to keep using it until i feel i'm ready to take it out of her room, or until i put her in a bed and she can come in ours

We stopped using it with Seren really young - but she was in our room till about 7 months. I am the same as Dionne, am a really light sleeper, and the noise of them really irritates me.

I used one for about 2 weeks and that was it! Jamies only next door to us so i can usually hear him snoring !!

Right I may sound pesimistic but I am a light sleeper too, its not the fact I wont hear her crying as I wake with the least bit noise and madam is still in my room, the issue is if she stops breathing :wacko: hence why I rely on the sensor mat.

Sorry I am a cheery sod aint I!:baby:

I think its up to you, there is no point removing it if you are going to lie there and worry is there? You don't need that now. I kind of know how you feel, when Seren first went into her room it took me ges to relax but I did eventually. You decide when's right.

we used one till ewan was 2 months we couldnt get on with it as it hissed and kept annoying us.

TBH with you KX if the reason your using one still is worry over stopping breathing, the rosk of cot death after 6 months is exreamly rare, as they can move around by themselves, and regulate their own body temperature. So with your DD now 1 Ireally would hva ethought you had anythng to worry about there.

Right I may sound pesimistic but I am a light sleeper too, its not the fact I wont hear her crying as I wake with the least bit noise and madam is still in my room, the issue is if she stops breathing :wacko: hence why I rely on the sensor mat.

Sorry I am a cheery sod aint I!:baby:

SNAP!!!

Cat I take your point but I think I have issues :blush: mental one's. :rofl:

Tam, its good to know I aint the only one...ha ha.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel