at what point will doctor help?

Biscuitbaby

Mum of 2 boys TTC#3
Reaction score
Af doesn't know if she's coming or going! some times she's looks as if she's getting into a routine and other time she's lost her marbles and forgotten who I am! I've been tested and scanned but nothing has come up and my ovaries look fine! but I don't think I'm ovulating! I used to get strong signs and lots of cm but now I get nothing!

oh has had a sperm analysis and everything looks good there!

The only thing to change is that I've put on a lot of weight so the doctor said for me to go away and try to lose some! I've lost a stone so far :) only another 5 to go haha

at what point should I go back? will they ever help me because I already have 2 children?

Congrats on losing the stone!

How long has it been since you've last been tested? If it were me, I'd go back to the doctors and insist they test more, but then I can be a very impatient person ;) They should at least give you more explanations/better reassurances. Good luck!

Are you temping? I'd say do that for a few months and work out if you are actually ovulating at all and you have something you can show to the doctors that might help them work out moire about whats going on.

I tried temping and nothing!

my tests where only a few months ago haha I'm waiting on an appt to see the gynecologist but my doctor told me that they'll just send me away and tell me to loose
weight!

I've been reading about clomid and different things and it just feels like I've been fobbed off :'( there's a lot of over weight women out there that's had help!

When you say you "tried temping and nothing", do you mean that you didn't see the temperatures rise to indicate ovulation?

Your doctor sounds a little unhelpful and cruel if I'm honest. A good gynaecologist will not just tell you to go lose weight!

from what ive heard (from friends) if you have a high bmi they don't usually prescribe clomid until after significant weight loss or healthy bmi range. this is because apparently losing the weight can help getting pregnant. you wouldn't get ivf or anything like that as you already have children have you tried soy ?? its natures clomid theres a board on here and it seems to help quite a few ladies. well done on weight loss I know how hard it is as I have a bmi of 40 so im in a similar situation with being overweight x

weight is directly related to fertility so listen to your doctor, people seriously underestimate how much damage being overweight can be on the likes of this - just as most anorexics lose the ability so do many obese women

you said you have had tests so i assume we can rule out the likes of PSOC or hormonal issues so keep up the dieting and good luck

Thanks ladies xx I've been doing slimming world and I'm planning on keeping it up even if I do get pregnant! I was much bigger on on second than my first and didn't i feel it!!! I was in so much pain! so I know I need to be as fit as I possibly can be! I think my bmi has gone down to 39 so still a fair bit to go!!! but I'll get there!

so the gynecologist won't just dismiss me? that's good to know :) i know I need will power and only have can lose weight for me but the doctor wasn't very helpful lol

I think I'm going to stalk the forum for threads on soy lol xx thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"