at what time is it ok to excersise after normal vaginal birth?x

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
i did some excersise a few days ago and it made me bleed alot heavier:( my lil boys 5 & a half weeks, i feel ok in my self apart from the on and off bleeding? should i wait until iv been for my 6 week check next week?xx

A bit of light exercise should be ok but nothing strenuous just yet.

It's recommended to wait until six week check up to get the all clear from your doctor. Light exercise is fine, although my midwife did warn that walking too far may increase the bleeding.

I guess it depends on whether the bleeding bothers you? I played tennis at 6 weeks - and yes it made me bleed so I waited another 4 weeks... tbh, I was so happy it had stopped post birth I was fed up when it started up again. xx

I started as soon as my episiotomy had healed - 5 weeks pp. I got a lot of conflicting advice; some say as soon as you feel up to it, some say wait at least six weeks. I think be sensible (if you've had stitches they should be fully healed) and listen to your body. If simply getting yourself dressed is exhausting - it's probably too soon for exercise! That said, I think it's good to be up and about as soon as possible!

I'd say do it when you feel up for it, but if you're getting heavy bleeding, then I'd slow up and do something a little more gentle. I was out taking long walks by probably 3-4 weeks, but I felt fine and it didn't seem to cause heavier bleeding. Listen to your body. If it feels okay, then it's probably okay. Just don't stress about losing weight yet. You have plenty of time for that. But if just getting out of the house and doing something more active makes you feel better then do it more for your sanity than your weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->