At what week will the midwife listen to babys heartbeat?

mum22ttc#3

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi, I have my booking in appointmant next monday and will be 10 + 2, 1 of my friend is also pregnant and she had her scan appointment through at 7 weeks, another person I know was the same. I still havent had mine through and was wondering wethter the midwife would book me my 12 week by phone when I see her. Also as it is over christmas it may be a bit late, do you think she will listen for heartbeat next week just so I can know everythings ok ?

I had my first midwife appointment at 9+2 and she didn't listen - I was really hoping she would cos I was desperate to know everything was ok! I ended up buying a doppler online and heard it at home at 12+4. It really put my mind at rest. My next appointment is 29th Dec at 16 weeks so I hope she will listen then!

16 weeks they will listen i went today for bloodwork she said shall we have a listen then realised i was 12 weeks she said on no will be tucked away behind your bladder she will check in jan at 16wks

My midwife took a listen at 9 weeks, just at an off chance that she might hear it. She didn't find it though.

It really depends on the midwife. Mine used the doppler at 11 weeks and we heard my baby, but I had already bought a home doppler and heard it at home since 9 weeks.

I really think it depends on your area. I'm not sure where you're from but it tends to differ between the UK and US. I've always had them start trying to hear around 10 weeks. I've never heard of waiting until 16 weeks. I'd probably go crazy waiting lol.

Mine said she would try at 16 weeks but they aren't supposed to do it until 28 weeks because they have problems finding it and people get upset etc. I had been listening at home since 9 weeks so it was no biggie and I didn't really want her poking around that low anyway :rofl:

At your 16 week appointment. My MW told me when I first went to see her there is a risk of them not finding it until then on a doppler. My friends MW didnt hear her babies at her 16 week appointment as she was told baby was too small.

My midwife didn't listen in to the heartbeat until 16 weeks xx

I had an early scan today and we heard and saw the heart beat! I'm only 6 weeks and 4 days. It was a private scan though, not sure if that makes a difference....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->