• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Athena Lois Coronis 04/17/2009 (very long and big pictures)

K

kellysays2u

Athena was due the 8th of april but decided she was going to wait to the last few hours before induction to come all on her own. Clever little girl putting mummy through all the pain of being overdue!

Thursday morning I was having contractions that were irregular but painful but they stopped mid afternoon so I was fully convinced nothing was going to happen till the next morning when they were going to induce me. A friend of mine came over around 5 pm or so and I was having the irregular contractions again... I was uncomfortable but she convinced me to get up and go to the fair and walk with her. We got down there and walked around for about 3 hours and then I was like ugh I am getting way to uncomfortable... little did I know she was timing my contractions. So I was feeling bad cause I was just ready to go home cause I was in so much pain so told her I was tired and wanted to go home and lay down and she goes no your not going home and I was like oh where am I gonna go then? She goes your contractions are 4 minutes apart your going to the hospital. I was in disbelief but decided I would call the midwife and see if they wanted me to go in and be checked. They said yes deffinately. So we get to the hospital and they time the contractions at 3.5 minutes apart so they did an internal and I was sadly only 3 cms but fully effaced... Midwife said they were really busy and my only chance at getting admitted as the policy is 4cms only no leeway so she said to go walk around the hospital for 2 hours get some food and come back and she will check again. So we called my mom and she came to the hospital and walked with us OH was still at work. So at 12am (now induction day) we went back up to maternity ward midwife says to me I hope your 4cms as we are so busy today we wont be able to induce you so your only admittance will be once your at 4cms... I am completely upset by this cause I didnt think I had made ANY progress... But thankfully I had made it to 4cms. She did another sweep on me and said either I could be moved straight to my birthing suite or I could go and walk somemore before being admitted. Mom and my friend wanted coffee and I wanted to call OH and tell him it was time to come up as he had been out of work for a few hours now and was waiting to here if I was being admitted or not as we live an hour away before coming up. So we go get coffee and meet up with OH and I am about crying in pain at this point and begging my mom friend and OH to let me sit down but they encourage me through walking it out so to try and get further along. Finally at around 1:30 I say I have had enough and we walk back up the two flights of stairs (yes I did the stairs lol I wanted labor as far along as possible so elevators were not an option!). We get upstairs and I am moved into my room. My friend mom and OH all sit down and try and nap as we new we would probably be there for awhile. Around 3 hours later I decided to get in the labor pool as contractions were getting uncomfy. I spent about an hour or so in there then went back to room... All this time getting frustrated cause although contractions were getting more painful they were not as frequent anymore and I felt as though I was stalling... Another hour later my fear of labor stalling was confirmed and I had only moved a half a cm. I was then put on pitocin (the drip) to get contractions going again. I was warned this would probably make them worse but I wasnt to worried about it... I then started to get really tired but couldnt sleep cause of the pain and realized there was no way I was going to be able to push if I was this tired already so I got some pain relief and was told to rest. I did and I felt great lol it was like I was piss drunk on that stuff lol. Everyone was proud of me cause I was still without epidural and no one thought I would make it that far without it. Around 10 am my friend had to leave. So it was me OH and mom when the doctor came in for another check... only 5cms. I thought it was never going to end at this point... Doctor did another sweep and was getting ready to leave the room and wait 3 more hours before checking again and deciding if I need gel... When all of a sudden I thought I peed myself... Wait nope my waters broke!!!!!!!! I was so excited but then they sat there checking for a little two long and I looked down and noticed waters were green... I had thin meconium and was told that the pediatricians would have to be called in to be there at delivery. This sent me into a panic and things went downhill in my labor for a little while... I decided that I needed to get things going and so we were off to walk in circles on the floor. Contractions were now the worst things I had ever felt and felt like they were coming every 30 seconds because of how long they were lasting and how fast they were coming. I would get about 3 steps and have to stop as I couldnt move through them. OH was great rubbing my back and giving me kisses and my mom was just as good reminding me to breathe even though I think I started yelling at her that breathing didnt help. I was offered the tub again even being on the drip cause it was just IV and they have ways to cover it so was planning on getting in there but didnt make it long enough for them to get it ready before I was begging for more pain relief as the other stuff had gone hours ago... I ended up not getting in the tub and sadly gave into the epidural... I kinda wish I had made it all the way through with nothing but I dont think I would have handled delivery very well without it so at the same time I am not upset at all. So around 4 pm or so I was checked again as I started feeling the need to push... Sadly I was only 8cms... I was kinda discouraged but new the last couple cms go fairly quickly so I at least new she would be out by the end of the day. At around 6 I think a little bit before the urge to push got a lot worse and they came and checked me I was FINALLY ten cms after 22 hours about since calling the hospital. I pushed till 7:10pm when she was finally born!!!! OH cut the cord... he also gave in and watched the delivery... I now regret not asking for a mirror... I did feel her head coming out though and started crying then as it really hit me my little girl was finally coming... She was handed over to the pediatricians instead of being placed on me like I had wished because of the meconium... And just a few seconds after being handed to them I heard her first cry... I was crying OH held it in because of my mom step mom (I dont even remember when she arrived but apparently she was there for the whole delivery holding one of my legs for me lol) and friend being there (she arrived back from work just as I was starting to push). Everyone took pictures and she was weighed swaddled and then FINALLY handed to me... It seemed like forever I sat there without her... I had to have to very small stitches and that was it. She was welcomed into this world all 7 pounds 3 oz of her at 19 inches long. Shes a little peanut and very much loved by many. Thankfully there were no problems with the meconium either except for an upset belly that caused a lot of spitting up the first night.

So over all I think my birth was really well and would do it again and make all the same choices except for I would watch her be born with a mirror as everything I did was what I needed. The only thing I didnt like was that OH was not able to get comfy in the chair they provide for him to sleep in so I was left alone the first night there. The second night OH stayed though as he had gotten sleep finally the night before.

And now for some pictures!!!!
https://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/81/l_19ce6b4ecada4048b3516d6d79b52d02.jpg
2nd picture ever taken of her by her dad... he says she looks like a troll with her huge eyes but I think she is gorgeous... maybe i am biased? lol
https://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/92/l_a02552a8b4754e40b83fe01dff2d01ba.jpg
first cuddles with my princess lol I look like crap after a 24 hr labor!
https://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/66/l_d72be1c4b9e84b8ca406372ff33b8e05.jpg
12 hours old!
https://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/92/l_3ba2bcb0f096429dbfe339be7bc3dc06.jpg
The latest picture at a little less then exactly 5 days old!

awwewwwwwww she is amazing... sounds like a exhausting day for you babe..... But i am sooo happy that everything went well for you babe :) cant wait to see more pics :) hehehehe mwa mwa
-xox-

Congratulations she is beautiful x

Congratulations x

Shes gorgeous! Congratulations, and well done for keeping up all that walking! Enjoy your little girl Hun

xxxx

Congratulations she is a gorgeous little girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"