Attention all chlomid users?!

Glowbug

Reaction score
Okay! I have a doc appointment for the end of the month! I would love love to know your experience with chloride. Pros and cons! Everything! I'd also like to know if there are any other mess my doc might recommend... Also I'm very overweight ( but losing weight!) is that gonna keep my do from prescribing me something? Thanks for the advice girls!!!!

I havent started my clomid yet, just awaiting for AF, then I'll start. First off, how long have you been ttc? Have you had any blood test done to check for pcos? Do you have regular periods?
I've noticed that alot of doctors won't prescribe clomid unless your BMI is under 30. I'm sure some will, but most women on here, said the doctor sent them home until they lost the weight (which is ridiculous!) My friend has Pcos and is over weight, they started her with metoformin, which made her loose ALOT of weight, and then put on clomid to make her ovulate, and was sucessful the 2nd month. My mom was also sucessful on her 3rd month of clomid with me and my twin sister. I don't have pcos, but I have been trying for 19 almost 20 cycles, and suffer low progestrone, which the doctor said was very weak ovulation.

Hey jennifer. Thank you for respondingq
I have low progesterone. Been trying two years to conceive. My periods are not regular but I wouldn't say they are crazy irregular either... I know I have cysts on my ovaries but have not been diagnosed with PCOS. I will be super sad if the doc doesn't help me. Cause she told me to lost 25 lbs. Which I did. But
I'm over bmi 30... I wish you lots of luck with your first chlomid cycle! That's super exciting!

What is metaformin and how does it work?
Anyone?

Hi! I was on Clomid for 3 month 100mg CD3-7. It made me gain weight, Im really hormonal, gave me headaches and the last cycle is screwed with my vision. I know it made me ovulate but I'm taking a break from it. I have a love hate relationship with it! Oh and if you have cysts it can actually make them worse :( Some ladies love it though!!! Hope this helps a little bit!

It does! Thanks! I'm trying to lose weight! Not gain weight!!! :0
Thank you very much!

If you lost the weight she wanted you too, then she should give you clomid, if not I would def. go to another doctor. What are you progestrone levels like? I had mine done in april and in may. Aprils was a 6.4, and may ws a 9. Doctor wanted to see a 10 or higher and said I was borderline ovulation. I do get my periods every 28-32 days but the past 3 months after working out I have 28 day cycles.
Metoformin is for women with pcos that are insulin resistant I believe.

Jennifer. Thanks for all the info! Inappreciate you! To be honest I ne er have had my progesterone even checked. Which is ridiculous. But I've had three chemical/ early miscarriages so she said I have low progesterone. To be honest I don't think she wanted to help me till I lost some weight. Maybe she thought it was a lost cause until my body started working a little better? I use progesterone cream but it really doesn't seem to help

It sounds like your progesterone is getting higher! That's so great!!! 

I just going to start my second cycle on clomid. It only gave me slight headaches. It did make me ovulate though. Here is hoping for the second round.

Good luck!!!!  hope you catch the egg

Jennifer. Thanks for all the info! Inappreciate you! To be honest I ne er have had my progesterone even checked. Which is ridiculous. But I've had three chemical/ early miscarriages so she said I have low progesterone. To be honest I don't think she wanted to help me till I lost some weight. Maybe she thought it was a lost cause until my body started working a little better? I use progesterone cream but it really doesn't seem to help

I think the main thing they want you to lose weight first, is to see if it will help you ovulate on your own after you lose weight before doing fertility meds.

It sounds like your progesterone is getting higher! That's so great!!! 

I'm not a 100 percent, but I think may's was higher cause the other ovary works better. Doctor told me that one month my left ovary will ovulate, and the next month my right ovary will ovulate. So im thinking that one of my ovaries are almost there but doesnt quite get where it needs to be, and the other one is just plain lazy:dohh: lol
I would def. ask for a cd 21 progestrone test done, and a cd 3 LH and FSH done and get it out of the way. Most doctors will do these test to see if maybe something is wrong, but even if your levels are fine, they should still let you do the clomid since you have been ttc for so long, before they get you into bigger fertility treatments.

Thanks Jennifer. I wrote all that down to talk to the doc about it ! 
I appreciate that.

Omg Jennifer!!!!! Looks like you didn't need that chlomid after all!!!!! congrats!!!!!!

Took 50mg of clomid, days 3-7. Ovulated on cd16 which was very early for me (usually its cd23). No side effects at all. I took it at night before bed. I did feel it when i ovulated more than usual and i did have cramping after i ovulated, but i think that was the clomid kicking things up a notch. Because of the clomid, i had 4 mature follicles (versus my usual 1) and as you can see from my signature... 1 took! :)

im on my 2nd round of clomid.
1st (50mg) round i had really bad cramps and belly avhe late at night, hot in the night, eatting like a pig in the day, headaches, fell ill with a cold and ear infection (not sure if that had anything to do with clomid!), and very irritable, ALL the time!
even though the doc said i didnt ovulate!
so this month im on 100mg, ive had slight what i call ''ovary pain'', and belly ache, but nothing to really moan about. ive had dots in my vision a couple of times which was quite strange!
ive got a blood test today to see if ive o'd (hopefully i have!!)
good luck with ttc xx

You should not be having trouble with your vision on the Clomid!! I had it and my Doc took it from me!! Told me to take time off of it.

Hi Everyone. I have been ttc for 15months now. My first appointment for fertility help is June 20th. I was wondering, How many appts did you have before they prescribed clomid?
If clomid is right for me, I hope I can get on it sooner than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->