Attn MICRONOR users! (the mini pill)

xnmd1

mommmy of 1
Reaction score
I've just got this .. the side effects sound horrid:

oily hair, acne, weight gain, decreased breast size, vaginal infections

No wonder its birth control, no ones gonna wanna DTD with me after I take these things!!

Any users have any/all of these side effects! I'm scared to start the pill!

I'm on it and have none of those things!

Only side affect I've got is no periods (but that could be because I'm still BF :shrug:

Only side affect I've got is no periods (but that could be because I'm still BF :shrug:

haha it says on my package "If you miss more than two periods, or more than one if pill was taken incorrectly, please take a pregnancy test" :rofl:

OH says "if your boobs shrink you are going to STOP taking that pill and we will just take our chances!" :rofl:

i on it and havent had any of those side effects thankfully!

:shock: No thankyou! :lol:

Seriously though, The side affects of the combined pill are supposed to be bad, and i loved the thing, I never put on weight with it, My skin cleared up etc etc.
All you can do is try :flower:

im on the mini pill and having no side effects

im also on it and have had no side affects...definitely no weight gain but im still having periods they seem to b every 2 wks x just give it a try and see how ya go on it everyone is different x

I've just got this .. the side effects sound horrid:

oily hair, acne, weight gain, decreased breast size, vaginal infections

No wonder its birth control, no ones gonna wanna DTD with me after I take these things!!

Any users have any/all of these side effects! I'm scared to start the pill![/QUOTE]

I think this is the one I was prescribed! I was so put off by the side effects that I decided not to risk it. Plus I know a few people who got PG on the mini pill even whilst BFing so figured it's not worth the possible bad side effects for something that may not work anyway! :wacko:

Hi hun, I was on it and had a period every other week, total nightmare. I felt a bit crap on it and went back to see the dr about it and they wouldn't chnage me onto something else. I came off it as I was sick of having two periods a month and with my last one it lasted two weeks. That took the biscuit.

I told both dr's I didn't want to go on and was basically ignored. I also have a fibroid and after reading the instructions saw that it said not to take it if you have one, so had to phone the dr's back and see what they said.

They have to list all potential side effects, even if it only happened to a few people.

This is the list of side effects from Microgynon (the combined pill I was on years ago)

Nausea and vomiting.
Headache/migraine.
Breast tenderness, enlargement.
Weight changes.
Retention of water in the body tissues (fluid retention).
Vaginal thrush (candidiasis).
Change in menstrual bleeding.
Menstrual spotting or breakthrough bleeding.
Depression.
Skin reactions.
Decreased sex drive.
Rise in blood pressure.
Irregular brown patches on the skin, usually of the face (chloasma).
Steepening of corneal curvature which may make contact lenses uncomfortable.
Disturbance in liver function.
Gallstones.
Blood clots in the blood vessels (eg, DVT, pulmonary embolism, heart attack, stroke - see warnings above).

Also - I keep a stash of internet cheapy pregnancy tests that I do every so often, just in case :haha:

The mini pill is harder to take as you only get a 3 hour window to take it, and if you miss a pill then you have to take precautions for 2 weeks. But there's usually a reason that the mini pill is prescribed to you over the combined pill, so you have to go with it or look at other options. I personally don't know anyone that hasn't put on at least a stone with the injection, and I can't stand the thought of an implant. So I make do!

:flower:

I was prescribed this one in May and I was worried about the side effects too.
I have only has 1 but for me it is a big one :-(
I have gained 9lbs since taking it and I have about a week of my second pack still to take. So that is 9lbs in 7 weeks!
It is not down to anything else as I weigh myself every week and eat well so I am very disappointed.
Going to stop taking them and will be sending hubby for "the snip" instead, seems hormone pills just make me gain weight :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->