August 2014 rainbows - anyone else?

Thanks ladies!!!

Dodger - Wow, how wonderful about your ultrasound! I am quite envious - I can hardly wait for the day when I finally see my baby's heartbeat. Can I ask how your symptoms have been? Have you been extremely nauseous? Do your symptoms come and go at all? I really believe this is your rainbow baby!!

Symptoms definitely come and go. My boobs will go from kinda barely there aching to hurting with every single move or touch. They've definitely grown a size and I started having dreams last night about my milk coming in, so maybe that's a sign that I need to start looking into maternity bras already? :haha:

I've been bloated since before I found out and am already wearing all maternity pants because NONE of my normal pants fit (even the bigger sizes!!) even with buttons undone and flys unzipped. I'm constipated a lot, and get a very very achy middle back when I stand or walk too long - which makes work fun since I work in retail. :haha:

I was having cramping pretty much daily through somewhere between 5-6 weeks, but now I'm having it less often but more pronounced if that makes sense? It doesn't hurt exactly, just that stretching pulling sensation and a bit stronger than it's been before.

I've had a *few* food aversion: No pulled pork, no meatloaf, have to be careful how much meat I eat in one sitting because there is a definite limit to how much the baby wants. :haha: And some food cravings - pickles and jalapeno chips. lol Not a whole lot of nausea although that's starting to come more regularly and is getting stronger. On friday on my way to my first OB appointment, I was a bit nauseous before getting in the car and then my carsickness decided to join in on the fun. I managed to not toss my cookies, but it was a CLOSE thing! :haha:

And then some insomnia, lots of fatigue, some dizziness, forgetfulness, and clumsiness.

I know that sounds like a lot, but it doesn't all hit me at the same time. lol It picks and chooses it's timing well :winkwink: and I will have some days where I really have nothing but the vague idea that my boobs are a bit achy.

Oh and I have lots of pics, so if anyone wants me to post them or link my album, I'm happy to do so. :)

How about everyone else? What symptoms do you have and do they come and go for you?

I've been a little nauseous, but usually it doesn't get much past queasy. It comes & goes, but it does seem like it's more consistently worse at dinner time.
I've cramped a lot... Some I've been able to blame on gas, but not all of it. Some of them have definitely crossed the line into hurting.
I've been pretty thirsty, but that was worse the week between implantation and testing.
Not terribly hungry yet, but I definitely can't skip a meal. Lol.
Tired... I'm taking a lot of naps! And I don't have a lot of energy.
A few lower backaches and some boob sensitivity that has come and gone. I don't think they've gotten bigger yet, though!
Definitely bloated, and that seems pretty permanent at this point. It's been about the same for a couple of weeks now. Not enough that most people will notice, but I'm definitely taking advantage of sweater & puffy clothes weather!

My symptoms definitely come and go. When I feel ok, I start to panic! Because when I had my miscarriage, all my pregnancy symptoms disappeared!

My boobs seem fuller and are slightly sensitive, I have had cramps on and off, I have been so ridiculously tired. Falling asleep around 9 o'clock EVERY night! And I'm not even at work at the moment because it's Christmas! I have felt a little queasy at times but not once felt close enough to be sick. I also just feel 'funny' at times. Hard to explain!

But all these symptoms come and go. At the moment I feel absolutely fine. Is this normal?! I always thought I'd be really sick when pregnant. But I guess it's still early days as I'm only 6 weeks?

I'm going to tell close family at Christmas. Normally we would wait until we have the scan..but it's going to be so suspicious if I'm not drinking on Christmas day!

I have very few symptoms at the moment but strangely enough I take as a good sign. With my three missed miscarriages I had the lot. I was vomiting, couldn't start my boobs being touched, dizzyness, abdominal cramps, backache increased appetite plus food aversions. Having said that they do pick up usually at 6 weeks or so. I'm only in the 5 th week. Only thing of note is I'm so tired too. I usually wait until I have my two daughters in bed to do housework ironing etc. this past week I've been going to bed shortly after them. Last night it was 8.15. Oh and really vivid dreams. What has everyone planned for Christmas. I'm going to my mams my brother and his kids go there too.

We're going to my folk's house, about an hour north of us. After we return from there, we're going to my DH's house in the evening. :)

Going to my mom's tomorrow night. Then we'll get to spend the first Christmas morning alone together in... 4? years. Really excited about that. And then we'll go do dinner at my dad's later Christmas day. This is the quietest year we've had in a long time. I'm glad- I'll probably need a nap! Lol.

I'm going round the in laws Christmas Day and Boxing Day then travelling to see some family for a couple of days. Looking forward to sharing the news with everyone, although will tell people it's too early to get excited!

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas!

OK - Wow! I'm *so* glad I brought up this discussion because I've been really worrying about my come and go symptoms but it does sound like it's pretty normal.

My symptoms are:
- Extremely bloated (since before I found out I was preg as well), so much that I can only fit one of my pairs of jeans comfortably and am also hoping to get maternity jeans in a few days to fit the bloat!
- Very tired, but the 'extreme' waves come and go. This past Monday and Thursday I was overwhelmed with fatigue; I went to bed at 7:30 pm on Monday and went to bed at 8 pm on Thursday after taking a 3 hour nap a bit earlier. Other days I just find myself going to bed earlier than usual because I'm extra tired.
- Boob are sore, but they're nothing extreme like some ladies make it out to be. Some days are actually genuinely a bit painful just going up and down stairs, but other days they are only sore if I poke and prod them a bunch. :winkwink: Oh - and my bust has grown a whole inch already! :haha:
- Nausea has been coming and going which is what's causing the major anxiety. The first day of MS I threw up and felt really gross all morning but fine after I threw up. Then I felt totally *fine* for 3 days straight except if I got too hungry (I should note at this point they checked my levels and my hCG was great). Then the next week I had one HORRIBLY nauseous day where I didn't throw up but felt the worst I've felt so far and could only stomach hard candies and lemons and felt awful all day. Then after that for a few days I vomited at some points but would feel fine at other points in the day. Now for the past 3 days again I've only just felt a bit gaggy and 'off' if I don't eat enough...hence the worry. :cry:
- Food aversions are definitely here. I'm suddenly disgusted by chocolate and coffee (two things which I LOVE normally). I gag at smells and am very sensitive to odours.
- I had just very slight cramping just before 5 weeks, and just when I hit the 7-week mark but most days are fine. I also get some weird twinges and tugging pains that don't last long and aren't painful.
- Oh - and I am SOOOOO hungry ALL.THE.TIME.

Anyway, it sounds like some of you ladies are feeling similar, so that gives me SOOO much hope! Thank you! :happydance:

Dodger - Thanks for sharing your symptoms. They do actually sound similar to mine so I feel a lot better about that! And, yes, I'd love to see your ultrasound pics!

Mrs D - I have the same paranoia, because my symptoms also disappeared when I had my m/c. However, I was also quite early on and hadn't really experienced major symptoms to begin with so maybe that had something to do with it. Your symptoms sound really normal! Try not to worry. :hugs:

That is nice that you're telling family at Christmas! Dh and I were considering it because it would be such a lovely time to share news, but we both decided we're not comfortable sharing yet (I, too, would like to wait for a healthy scan). The only way we'll tell my fam (my mom already knows) is if I'm puking at Christmas...because then they'll just guess so it would be more fun to tell them! I definitely felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb not drinking last night at my in-laws', though! :haha:

Biblio - Your symptoms sound really similar to all of ours! And the last few days my nausea hasn't gone past being a bit queasy either. These are such scary, early days but I am really hopeful we all are pregnant with our rainbow babies.

Debzie - That probably is a good sign if you have fewer symptoms than normal. Also, you are definitely early on. I had next to no symptoms at 5 weeks! I've heard lots of people talk about vivid dreams in pregnancy. I don't seem to get this symptom. :dohh:

As for my Christmas plans, I had Christmas with the in-laws last night, and we will spend the evening of Christmas Eve and all of Christmas Day with my family! Dh and I are having our own mini celebration by ourselves tomorrow morning. :)

Merry Christmas, everyone, if I don't hear from you before then!

My nausea's definitely been worse when I'm hungry, too. Smaller meals and more snacks (fruits and yogurts and whatever) seems to be helping.

I definitely say the coming and going symptoms is completely normal. DH always laughs at me a bit because on the days when things are coming on stronger, I'll look at him and say "Hey! The baby's having a growth spurt!!" :D

Here are my scans. 6weeks:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5492/11299409835_59d7e0475a_b.jpg

7 weeks:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7455/11416019875_609fccb565_b.jpg

7w4d:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3708/11499462966_8f774a881b_b.jpg

Dodger - Great pics! That really must have been nice to see the baby 3 times already! Yay!

I always say my baby is having a growth spurt when I am extra tired or nauseous as well. :)

Spawn must be having a big one just in time for Christmas then... Wow, I am tired.

Figured I would drop in and day hello since I haven't been around. Just had a pre Christmas dinner with the in laws. The nieces and nephew won't be around on Christmas so we gave them their gifts today! It was Really nice. His side all know already. Only my mom knows. My niece believes I'm having a girl and told me to name her Lucky Faith haha. She's adorable

Can I join u ladies. I lost in feb then ectopic in June. I'm now due 27th August and very very very nervous

:xmas16::xmas16::xmas6::xmas4::xmas7::xmas9::xmas13:All your plans for Christmas sound great. Dodge I love your scan pics. Can't wait to share mine. Yeay for symptoms too.

Bib hope spawn behaves his/herself and you are able to get plenty of rest.

Mel you never know kids do have a sixth sense.

Welcome ladyluck and congratulations on your bfp. Praying this is a super sticky one. Remember the pal mantra. One day at a time.

Afm it's milestone day for me today. My second loss baby didn't grow bigger than 5+ 4 and third stopped at 5-6 weeks. The not knowing is the worst part of pal. Plus those constant demons that lurk. Trying hard not to dwell on it. I will know soon enough. 13 days and counting until my first scan.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Lucky Faith. :haha:

Hi, Lady! I think we all understand the nervousness. Just one day at a time is all you can do!

:hugs: Debzie. 13 days isn't too long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->