August 2014

Hey date buddy! Just been reading through your journal! So far we have booked the church, reception venue and photographer. Our photographer is £1200. We have been to look at wedding cars tonight and I'm meeting a florist on wednesday. I've also been having quotes for chair covers . Most things only want £50 deposit so hopefully will get most things booked soon just to book the date with the suppliers more than deciding on exaclty what we want like flowers etc! X

Hey date buddy! You're more organised than me :haha: luckily our venue includes flowers for the venue so I'll be ordering bouquets and buttonholes through them too, so that's sorted. I really want to book a photographer but can't find one that we both like! I got some quotes for chair covers last week but I'm 99% sure we won't end up getting any as the chairs are nice as they are. What kind of car are you hoping for? We're not going to need one as we're having the ceremony at the same place but I would have loved one! xx

We looked at 3 cars, one was an old rover, one an austin sherbourne and one a beauford. Think we going for the beauford as its the cheapest and the guy was nice. I have got a good deal on chair covers I emailed 3 companys and one came back with a good price so I emailed one of company back telling them of this deal and they came back and beat it! X

We looked at 3 cars, one was an old rover, one an austin sherbourne and one a beauford. Think we going for the beauford as its the cheapest and the guy was nice. I have got a good deal on chair covers I emailed 3 companys and one came back with a good price so I emailed one of company back telling them of this deal and they came back and beat it! X

Ahh I just googled the beauford, beautiful! Have you been dress shopping yet? Well done on the chair covers, I love getting a good deal. The venue we were originally going to book told us that they had decided not to allow outside companies for chair covers so we had to use their own - and they charged £3.50 per chair :wacko: providing I didn't really want any and yet I didn't like their chairs without them, I felt pretty backed against the wall! Stubton Hall's chairs are nice as they are so I think I'm just going to hang some things from them, I haven't decided yet.

Have you thought about music etc or been dress shopping? We're going to see a wedding singer on Sunday and I am probably going to book the harpist this weekend too. :wohoo: x

We are getting married in church so just having the church organist. Not even thought about a dress yet, I'm more concerned about my bridesmaid dresses! Are you colour for a colour theme? We are going for purple and cream but can't decide what colour purple! X

We are getting married in church so just having the church organist. Not even thought about a dress yet, I'm more concerned about my bridesmaid dresses! Are you colour for a colour theme? We are going for purple and cream but can't decide what colour purple! X

I'm yet to find any bridesmaids dresses I like! At the moment we're looking for eau de nil and a dusky pink but I'd be happy with the bridesmaids in any pastel colour really. I definitely don't want them to match! I haven't been dress shopping yet either! How many bridesmaids are you having? xx

I'm having 3 bridesmaids, 2 which will be my age (27) and one is my niece who will be 12. My little boy will be 2 years 8 months but we are undecided whether to have him as a pageboy or not! I'm going to see a florist tomorrow! X

I'm having 3 bridesmaids, 2 which will be my age (27) and one is my niece who will be 12. My little boy will be 2 years 8 months but we are undecided whether to have him as a pageboy or not! I'm going to see a florist tomorrow! X

I would have him hun - Oli is just over 2.5 and I'm confident he'd walk up the aisle holding a bridesmaid's hand at this age! I also went to a wedding on Friday where there were two pageboys, 2 years old and 18 months and both walked up the aisle pretty well. We're going to have 3 page boys and 1 flower girl, and I'm going to make Oli the ringbearer as he'll be almost four. One of the page boys and the flower girl will both be around 2.5-3!

Ahh exciting, have you got any ideas on flowers? xx

Yeah I know exaclty what sort of arrangements I want just don't really know about what flowers I want in them! I've got 4 weddings to go to this year so I'm looking forward to getting inspiration from them! We aren't having favours but are having a sweetcart for the evening! Xx

that is the best proposal i've ever seen, i thought things like that only happened in films! :cloud9: you are a really beautiful family :)

it all looks amazing, i will be stalking :ninja:

Yeah I know exaclty what sort of arrangements I want just don't really know about what flowers I want in them! I've got 4 weddings to go to this year so I'm looking forward to getting inspiration from them! We aren't having favours but are having a sweetcart for the evening! Xx

Ahh sounds good! Our venue offer a sweet table for £1.50 per person so I think we might go for that. The wedding we went to on Friday had one and it got absolutely destroyed, people love sweets! x

that is the best proposal i've ever seen, i thought things like that only happened in films! :cloud9: you are a really beautiful family :)

it all looks amazing, i will be stalking :ninja:

Aww thanks hun :) just seen your ticker, what are you studying at Uni? x

That is fab that they offered that, seem to really take the hardwork out of the day.

That is fab that they offered that, seem to really take the hardwork out of the day.

They seem really well organised - they are quite established now as a wedding venue so they appear to have every base covered... just what I need!

It is what you need and means that you will be able focus on making your day 'you' with the details.

speech and language therapy, so I do linguistics as a module. can't imagine doing it as my full degree, it's definitely not my favourite :lol:

It is what you need and means that you will be able focus on making your day 'you' with the details.

Exactly :) just need to start buying! I still haven't bought a bloody thing!

speech and language therapy, so I do linguistics as a module. can't imagine doing it as my full degree, it's definitely not my favourite :lol:

No way! I'm kind of jealous. I really would have loved to go into speech and language therapy but I'm going into teaching. Ahh I'm a linguistics geek :haha: what does your module cover? I study a variety but my interests ended up veering away from speech and language therapy as I bloody hate phonetics!

hahaha I LOVE phonetics, that's my favourite part! we're the opposite of each other :lol:

it was introduction to linguistics so we did word class, semantics, pragmatics, morphology, syntax, language acquisition, language and the brain, introduction to language processing, agnosia and attention, conveying ideas in speech, understand what we hear and communication in the elderly. first semester was sooo boring until we got to language acquisition. second semester we did more psycholinguistics stuff and it was really interesting!

so are you going to be an english teacher? :)

hahaha I LOVE phonetics, that's my favourite part! we're the opposite of each other :lol:

it was introduction to linguistics so we did word class, semantics, pragmatics, morphology, syntax, language acquisition, language and the brain, introduction to language processing, agnosia and attention, conveying ideas in speech, understand what we hear and communication in the elderly. first semester was sooo boring until we got to language acquisition. second semester we did more psycholinguistics stuff and it was really interesting!

so are you going to be an english teacher? :)

Ahh you covered a lot! God I wish I had taken a phonetics module purely because last year I took a communication disorders module and it required so much knowledge of phonetics that I didn't have, and it was practically impossible trying to pick it up along the way! I love language acquisition but my favourite study is sociolinguistics, although admittedly I'm near the end of my dissertation now and absolutely sick of it at the moment :haha: I also study Psycholinguistics at the moment which is really interesting!

Yeah I'm going to be an English teacher - eek! I start my PGCE in September (providing I pass my degree!) which is why I really need to plan loads of the wedding over summer. I am just so busy with Uni at the moment that I can't focus on anything else... I need to get a first as I get a much bigger (£5k more) bursary for the PGCE with a first, which would obviously help so much with the cost of the wedding!

God all this linguistics talk is taking me back to my A-levels!! I did English lang as an A'level but did business at Uni so not studied it in over 8 nearly 9 years!! I loved the etymology of words like posh being an acronym!!!

Emma I must admit I am a bit jealous that your venue is doing so much for you. I am doing DIY to keep costs down, will be in my wedding dress sorting out the room at this rate :haha:

yeah I can imagine it would be really hard to pick up along the way, I'm so glad we did it as a module this year in preparation for the rest of the degree! I'm sure if you had done a module you would have loved it, it's so interesting. starting right at the beginning made it make so much sense. our phonetics exam has an 80% pass mark though :wacko: I'm so worried and stressed about exams just now.

I think with linguistics they tried to cover the basics of loads of stuff so that we have a foundation for next year, apparently second year linguistics is really difficult! so I'll probably be asking you for help :haha: I was hoping we would do sociolinguistics, maybe (and hopefully) next year!

I originally wanted to be a teacher, so I'm a bit jealous too! :haha: I don't think I could stand up in front of a class of kids, I was a language assistant in a school in spain for my year abroad for my last degree and I really didn't like it! up until then I totally thought I was cut out to be a teacher, you have to be a really special kind of person to be one though IMO and I am not one of those people :(

wow, that's quite a lot extra for the bursary! :happydance: are you on track for a first? it'll be good having your wedding to plan during the summer because otherwise you'd probably be a bit fed up after going from working so hard and being so busy to having loads more free time, I know I would be! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->