Automatic bouncer

flashy09

Reaction score
I am trying to decide between the fisher price rainforest bouncer, which babies seem to love according to everyone I have talked to, and the bright starts automatic bouncer. It's my first baby and she isn't born yet so just want a few mom's opinions! Would an automatic bounce feature be helpful?

If you have the rainforest one, was there enough support for a newborn head?

This is the link to the automatic one

https://www.brightstarts.com/p-212-ingenuity-automatic-bouncer.aspx

it also vibrates and when not turned on feels like a normal bouncer.

Thank you!

We just had a standard old fashioned bounce it yourself job, which is much bigger than the fisher price bouncer and it was a lifesaver to bounce lo to sleep. From this point of view I can see why an automatic bounce would be good, can't see the pic of the bright start one,but the fisher price one would be fine for a newborn I think. Or you could look at swings which seem very popular for small babies x

Ps lo still loves her manual bouncer and fits in it at 7 months, only now she bounces herself!

I will get a swing as well, but just can't decide on a bouncer! The Rainforest one is super bright and has a waterfall and lights and plastic toys and noise wheras the Bright Starts just has songs and two soft toys, but bounces on it's own.

So many choices for everything! I am totally lost in indecisiveness for a swing and activity mat as well

We've got the rainforest one and love it. There is a vibrate on there as well. You can take the animals off. Callie loved it, she was in it from newborn and she had reflux so napped in it too. Now she's older she loves playing in it and turning the music on and she's happy to sit in it and gnaw on her Sophie while I'm doing dinner or something.

Hun, it depends what your baby prefers - both of mine insisted on being bounced, and hated swings, but I know plenty of babies who like sings and aren't bothered by being bounced. If this had existed before Teddy was born, I would have bought it like a shot however.

The rainforest one is lush (the waterfall one-there's a plain basic one out there too)
Toris snoozing in it now. The toys are good too

The rainforest one is lush (the waterfall one-there's a plain basic one out there too)
Toris snoozing in it now. The toys are good too

Did she enjoy it as a newborn? Could she bounce it herself or did you just turn on the vibrate or bounce her yourself?

I am seriously thinking of buying the auto bouncer for the first 3 months and then selling it on Craigslist and buying the Rainforest bouncer when she can bounce herself and will appreciate the toys more. I *may* be slightly overanalyzing the bouncer purchase,lol....too many choices for me!!!

I wouldn't waste money on an automatic bouncer. I have the rainforest one and it works really well, mine bounces on his own and the waterfall and music is nice he loves it. He gets a little weirded out by the vibration though so I don't that on. He loves sitting in it watching me while I work in the kitchen. We get way more use out of our swing though.

We had the more basic rainforest one when Tom was born and he loved it from 1st going into it at 1 week old and he could bounce it straight away. We never really used the vibrate on it as he loved bouncing and would doze off without it on anyway.

He used it every single day from 1 week old to about 7 months when he could easily sit on his own but just liked relaxing in it so well worth the money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->