Ava, my 12 year old cousin update

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by prettynpink29, Jun 3, 2011.

1. hello ladies,
    I want to say thank you for all the prayers. I am sorry that I have not written back in awhile. I am not sure why my post was moved, and I hope no one takes offense to me re posting an update here. But so many of you have been here emotionally for me the last 3 weeks, I just wanted to give an update.

Things went from good to bad to good to worse.. I believe when I last posted Ava was having a blood transfusion. Well she had 2, and things started to turn around, the bleeding had slowed down and the doctors were very hopeful that the worst was over.. But they were wrong.... After 3 days of being in the hospital and 2 blood transfusions, Ava started to hemorrhage and loss consciousness. It was a life or death situation and she was taken immediately for surgery. Things only got worse from there... The bleeding could not be stopped, the doctors thought they were gonna loose her, so the only option was to take her uterus.:cry: they ended up taking her right ovary and tube also:cry: This was not the outcome that anyone had expected.. In 3 weeks she went from being pregnant, to possibly losing the baby, to losing her own life, and now she has lost her fertility on top of everything else:cry: I am at lost for words...
    Thank you again for all the prayers. I am sorry if I have not answered anyone's PMs, my in box has 103 messages in it and I didn't want to repeat the same thing over and over again, so I hope that anyone who has PM me sees this post. Thank you for all the support.:hugs:

2. mammag

mammag Expecting a Rainbow

Omg, I can't even imagine how terrible that would be. She is definitely still in my prayers, and at least she is going to be okay.

3. anna_marie

anna_marie ttc after loss <3

I'm so sorry! I hope she's is alright now!!

4. future_momma

future_momma Well-Known Member

all i can say is "WOW!" I am so sorry for her and u. I will keep both of you in my prayers.

5. babydream

babydream ttc#2

Oh hunni, i'm so so terribly sorry for what happened to Ava. I can't imagine what she and all of you been through since finding out she was pregnant. I really hope she recovers fast and all be okay. I know she lost her fertility but at least she's still alive and that's the most important. There will be other ways to be a mum when she's ready. ((((hugs)))) to all of you and still praying. xxxx

6. beccad

beccad June Bugs

That's awful news. So sorry to hear this! What a huge thing to have to deal with at such a young age. I guess there's some hope for the future though if she's still got an ovary? She could have a surrogate pregnancy? I don't know much how these things work.

:hug:

7. jamhs

jamhs Well-Known Member

Oh my! I'm so sorry and will keep her in my prayers. So young to have so much to deal with! Hugs to you.

8. redbubble

redbubble Well-Known Member

Im so sorry to hear that. :hugs:
    xx

9. AllMacsNow

AllMacsNow Surprise! Preggo!

I am so so sorry. :(

You're all in my prayers.

10. Twinkl3

Twinkl3 DD - 2014 ♡ DS - 2018

I'm so sorry, I hope Ava is better soon - She should not have to go through this it is such a massive thing for such a young girl :(

Massive hugs to Ava, yourself and family :hugs:

11. Madrid98

Madrid98 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry & hopefully she'll recover soon.

XX

12. LoveCakes

LoveCakes Well-Known Member

Poor thing, hopefully she is on the mend soon x

How are you coping?

13. ferens06

ferens06 Well-Known Member

So so sorry to hear that :hugs: xx

14. sarahlou1985

sarahlou1985 Well-Known Member

Omg so sorry what an awful thing for a 12 year old to go through :( massive hugs xxx

15. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

16. Tccno2

Tccno2 Mummy to a princess :o) x

Oh my gosh that's so devastating. I'm so sorry for your cousin what a lot for an adult to go through nevermind a 12 year old. This whole thing will affect her forever. I'm just so sad for her. X

17. rdy4number2

rdy4number2 Well-Known Member

I feel awful for Ava. Poor girl made a bad choice ( due to age) and now she will never have a blood child of her own. How sad. I do not blame this girl at all though. I just don't feel a 12 year old can be held accountable for this.

18. taylorxx

taylorxx Well-Known Member

Oh my word.. :cry: That's is horrible... Massive hugs for Ava, you and her family. I'll be keeping y'all in my prayers. :hugs: xx

19. Stinas

Stinas Twin Mommy!

Please know your cousin is in my prayers. I hope she gets to come home soon and live a normal, happy and healthy life.

20. itsy.bitsy

itsy.bitsy Well-Known Member

what a hard time your cousin has had from finding out she is having a baby, to losing the baby, to nearly losing her own life, and now not being able to ever get pregnant. Regardles of age this is a horrible thing for any woman to go through and im sure she will get alot of support from her loving family to help her. She is very lucky to have had a cousin like you to turn to. Wishing Ava a quick recover xo