AVENT teats..?

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
ok so Ffion is now refusing the breast 9 times out of 10 so i bought her some AVENT botttles.. they came with stage 2 teats (1mth+) but i cant figure out if theyre too fast or too slow or if she just doesnt like them:hissy:

she drinks for 2 seconds then gags and spits it out.. i dont know if its because she has a stuffy nose too? i think they are too fast but shes almost 4 months old so obviously teats 1mth+ shouldnt be too fast!?

If she's getting used to them maybe try her on the 0 ones first?

Sam still happily drinks from their 0+ teats now and they seem fast enough. Might be worth trying them. Does she pull her head back as if she's trying to get away from it? x

Sounds like the flow is too fast for her then (might just take some getting used to but she might be happier on the slower ones for now) x

ok thanks :)

ill buy her some stage 1 teats today!

I could send you one to try if you want? Feel bad suggesting you buy some in case it makes no difference! x

lol! no its ok hun, if Sam is still on them at 6mths+ then i think Ffion will be ok with them tooo

OK :D Hope she's better drinking from them x

It depends on the rate of flow she's used to...rememeber on the breast, when she stops sucking the milk stops flowing but this isn't the case with a teat so it may be a bit much for her.

I stopped breastfeeding Toby a month ago when he was 9 months and he had stage 2 teats, he's only just gone onto stage 3 and they're a bit fast sometimes....he nearly choked to death when I tried stage 4 teats which are 6months+. All babies are different and breastfed babies are used to a completely different kind of teat/nipple so just adjust accordingly, don't worry about the age thing on the box....it's only a rough guide anyway.

Good luck babe:hugs:

thanks!

ive bought Ffion some stage 1 teats from boots....

now to wait until shes hungry! :coffee:

I always found that they flow quite quickly. Bethanie was always behind on the suggested flow.

i have jack on the size 2 cos of the easy digest formula. its thicker than normal formula and my health nurse told me to get easyflow teats but i can't find any for avent bottles. i tried the variflow but these were too fast for Jack and he spat out loads so tried the number 2 and these seem to do the trick but am wondering if they are right for the thicker formula and is this why he is very windy? does anyone have any idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->