Avoiding foods during the TWW

BlueWater

Reaction score
Although I'm not pregnant (yet!), should I be avoiding the foods you shouldn't have during pregnancy? e.g. eggs

What do you do in the two week wait, act as if pregnant or carry on as normal?

It's too early to worry about it, but whatever makes you feel most at ease. It's a good rule to avoid alcohol while TTC conceive, though - or stick to that one glass of wine on occasion. I tend to cut it out entirely the week before AF/until she comes. And it's kinda fun to avoid certain foods (like sushi, which I LOVE) in the 2WW cuz then if AF arrives, you can celebrate and eat and drink whatever! PS- eggs are totally safe to eat during pregnancy as long as they are fully cooked.

I carry on as normal except limit or completely eliminate alcohol. Make sure I'm taking prenatal vitamins for sure. And yes, eggs are safe as long as they aren't runny (or raw as in cookie dough)! I love eggs, could never go without!

i ate eggs before finding out i was pregnant... as long as they are cooked fully and not runny. no alcohol, drugs, cig smoke... those things aren't good to start a pregnancy off with OR be around during pregnancy.

also, eat and drink pasteurized products/cheese/milk etc. thats kind of a thing to know regardless of ttc though but its a very big deal when pregnant for sure!

Didn't make it clear in my first post. But I meant raw eggs like in mayonnaise etc - but a small amount in the TWW wouldn't make a big deal would it? I'm not much of a eater/drinker of the other foods.

As everyone else said, you are way too early (if pregnant) for it to matter. (raw eggs or no) The only thing I avoid is alcohol and weed (its legal here lol and I do enjoy edibles once or twice a year). But even then, alcohol that early in the pregnancy wouldn't do any harm anyway.

Sort of a side note, but even just to show how little it matters...

When I found out I was miscarrying my pregnancy (before I knew it was ectopic), I had a previously planned girls night out and decided to drink a LOT since I was losing the pregnancy anyway. But it didn't affect it at all. My HCG numbers did not drop the way it was supposed to until I was given methotrexate weeks later.

I know a lot of ladies worry about every little tiny thing and how it affects their pregnancy early on (or they blame their miscarriage on something tiny they did) but I think that if their pregnancy is going to stick, that it's a lot stronger than we give it credit for. I mean, my case is proof that a miscarriage wont even be sped along by things like alcohol or food.

Ok thanks for sharing your experience, and sorry to hear your loss.
I've read the placenta isn't developed until around 8 weeks, so it wouldn't matter until then.

It's too early to worry about it, but whatever makes you feel most at ease. It's a good rule to avoid alcohol while TTC conceive, though - or stick to that one glass of wine on occasion. I tend to cut it out entirely the week before AF/until she comes. And it's kinda fun to avoid certain foods (like sushi, which I LOVE) in the 2WW cuz then if AF arrives, you can celebrate and eat and drink whatever! PS- eggs are totally safe to eat during pregnancy as long as they are fully cooked.

Yeah, the can't-eat-sushi part is killing me.. haha.. I'm Asian and I love my raw sashimissssssss and rice..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->