awake all night with cramping :(

cherry_pie

Reaction score
I didn't sleep until the birds were singing this morning as from around 6pm last night I was getting mild period pain along with what felt likes cramps and.constant bh. M 35 weeks and was worried it was the start of preterm labour so lay awake checking to see if the got stronger, which they didnt. Sometimes I didnt get any for half and hour or so and sometimes they were running into each other. Not reallypainful, very uncomfortable at worst really. I packed a quick hospital bag just incase. They finally subsided and I fell asleep and feel fine this morning. Still feel baby move and kick. Should I be worried, were these just bh? They certainly didnt feel like them. I have a scan scheduled fri.

I've been getting period like pains for last few days and I'm not quite 33 weeks,they have been keeping me awake, I'm a bit unsure what this is myself, but it seems its quite normal. I can't really help but i'm interested in any replies you get! :hug:

Ive been getting these aswell, i just persume they are stronger BH x

hi i just wanted to let u know that is what i was having at 34+4 weeks all night so next morning i went to the hospital and was checked and told i was 1cm dilated i was but on the monitor and started to have contractions i was moved to birth unit and the contractions got worse MW even went to get gas n air and bubs crib sorted out she really fault he was coming so did i from the pain Ive had two little ones befor so know the pain and fault this is real anyway 4 hours after the first check MW checked again and i was still 1cm a little while later my contractions stopped i was able to go home the next day and bubs is still hanging in there MW said he changed his mind about coming early lol but my body is getting ready i do feel like Ive dilated more but i don't see a MW for long so i guess i wont find out untill it starts again lol so maybe ladies its just Ur bodies getting ready good luck all not long now xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for sharing,.do you think I need to go to hospital if it happens again or wait to see if they get more Painful. Am I right in thinking if they don't get more Painful its not proper labour and dont need to go?

mine was like dull period pains but i had my last daughter within an hour so was told with the first pain i get to go in straight away it was only when i got there they turned into strong contractions maybe bubs just wanted to play tricks on me or maybe its different cause he is a boy Ive two girls but i say if Ur still getting them and want to go in then go what harm can it do and u will be checked and get to see if things are changing good luck hun all the best xxx

Thanks same to you, they away for now so going to get my hair done asap incase lol xxx

I also had these last night following a massive clear out. I got up in the end at 2am and took painkillers which seemed to help with the pain but it didn't go away altogether.

I am now on a cleaning frenzy today, and have even cut the hedge in the garden!!!!

I really hope this is a sign of things to come, i am measuring 42 weeks, so don't know how much bigger i can get without exploding LOL!

I am still getting pains today, but am choosing to ignore them until they become painful, at the moment they are just annoying me.

Since they've stopped and were never regular I would say that you are fine. Our bodies can gear up for delivery way before you go into labor. I had a UTI at 35 weeks and contractions that they monitored at the hospital and low and behold I was a 1-2cm. The contractions only lasted a day though and now here I am still waiting for things to really start. :)

So I called L & D because I had these pains for a few days, just to get advise really, they asked to come on so they could monitor me and baby, there was a chance it could be early labour, they did a trace on baby which was fine and then took a swab to test to see if I was about to go into early labour that came back clear too! it should show up to a week so I should be safe for now ;), when they tested my urine I had leukocytes so it appears I have some kind of infection, I have to see my midwife next week to repeat the test, but all in all everything is fine, if you are in any doubt please get checked out, honestly they were so understanding, they would rather you come in than leave it! xxx

I woudld say you are fine i got something similar a few weeks back and it felt like labour i was in so much pain but by morning time they had gone :-/ i may just have been bubs moving on down in there and getting posotioned and ready. The only time to really wory about uterine activity is if it become regular or if you think you are loosing water :-/ good luck hun hope bubba holds on in there a bit longer for you xx

I was awake all night again last night with cramping and tightenings, and didn't get to sleep until 4am.
It seems to have calmed down this morning, but it was so painful, and every time i had a tightening it seemed to push down below, the pressure what quite something.

I am seeing my Consultant tomorrow and will see what he says, i am getting pretty fed up now.

Not sure if these are similar to yours, but I had braxtons/whatever a couple of weeks ago one evening; they started off as a dull period ache type feeling, built up to a 'peak' that just felt enough to make me wince but nothing more, in my lower back and pelvic region and then subsided over the course of 30 seconds. They lasted for about an hour and were timeable - coming every 2mins and 57 seconds, then 4 mins and 2 seconds....I went to the hospital a few days later as I was leaking fluid and had a swab whilst I was there, they didn't say anything about me being dilated or anything so I assume I wasn't. These must just have been stronger BH.

Oh - and btw my MW at the hospital said that "almost every pregnant woman" has a trace of leukocytes in her urine, so it doesn't always mean an infection. I had a trace of leukocytes and protein but my swab said I haven't got one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"