Awful leg cramps

sue_88

Reaction score
My legs cramped so badly last night that today I can hardly walk.

Coupling that with the pelvic pain in my crotch I feel in a right state!

Any advice on the cramps?

I have been getting leg & foot cramps for the past few weeks, not a lot stops them I'm afraid, I just fake sure that I try to flex my leg/foot when it happens.

Dealing with the pelvic pain too, it is horrible isn't it?! Started off just a bit sore when I get up after having been sat down for a while, but now is sore all the time right at the bottom of my pelvis :(

One word, bananas. They worked wonders for me. I used to have one before bed every night, and the cramps stopped. Give it a try.

Leg cramps are a pregnancy thing, so uncomfortable! I've heard bananas can help, worth a try?

Bananas BLEUGH!!!!!!! I'd rather eat cat sick (well I wouldn't but I don't like bananas lol)

Maybe I will have to get them & turn then into smoothies with some milk.

Thanks ladies, I'll bring it up at my 28wk apt on Sunday x

If you can't stomach bananas try tonic water. The quinine in it stops cramping almost immediately. I love tonic water, a splash of cranberry juice and a slice of lime. So refreshing and really works.

The only thing I find that helps at the time is standing up with my foot flat on the ground and then walking on it. Which is very annoying when you've just gone back to sleep after being up for yet another wee lol. I've heard that eating bananas help too because of the potassium in them.

My doctor recommended Tums/Rolaids. If your antacid has the extra calcium in it, just remember to take 2 before you go to sleep and it does help a bit. I also noticed my legs cramp up when I point my toes down stretching at night, so if I do that and even slightly start to feel it coming if I release fast enough they don't totally cramp up. Who'd have thought I'd be able to have that much cognitive ability in the middle of the night, guess I REALLY just don't want to feel that pain! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->