Awful Morning Sickness/Nausea

greeneyes27

Reaction score
Hi Girls

Basically I'm after some sympathy and to hopefully meet other girls feeling as terrible as I am. I am 7+5 and suffering horribly with sickness and nausea which gets worse from the moment I wake up until I am forced to go to bed at about 8pm.

I am still eating because I feel I have to but eating makes me feel worse. I am trying to hold the sick in as if I am physically sick I just feel a million times worse with the acidy taste in my mouth, then it doesn't help the general feeling of nausea anyway.

I want to cry. With DS it really wasn't this bad. This feels like hell and I'm struggling to be excited at all *melodramatic sob*

Help x

Try vit b6 and ginger tablets alongside sea bands, one of them will hopefully help you, it's what I'm doing atm. Nausea is horrible, it's draining :hugs: Make sure you're getting rest and drinking lots of water as being tired and dehydration make it worse.

Thanks Vanilla, I will try those things. I've also been given the number of a lady that does acupuncture, apparently thats meant to be quite good.

It feels like this is unbearable...

You could try the gp and see if they'll prescribe something, it's horrible what you have to endure in pregnancy.

I feel your pain,8 weeks today with twins and mine is horrendous,have collapsed once already and been rushed to hospital with dehydration caused by it.ive been put on cyclizine,it is helping to an extent so may be worth a shot.im messaging this at 5pm just home from work,already in bed because i feel that weak so i really do feel your pain,its horrible xxx

I struggled on early on for 2/3 weeks but eventually gave in and got medication from my doc! I am emetephobic though, so I was not coping at all! There are safe drugs out there if you need them. I'm taking Ondanestron (Zofran in the US) and it's stopped 98% of the vomiting. Doesnt stop the awful nausea for me though but I am on the lowest dose! Each to their own but it's allowed me to keep working most days and function. The only other thing that helped a bit was sour sweets! Takes the edge of the nausea for me. All the usual ginger etc just made me more sick! Ginger was not good for me coming back the other way (sorry!) :(

Having medication is better for you and baby than not being able to keep down food, water or vitamins :hugs: but try the other things too, good tips here.
Does it help it might be a girl if it's so different this time? :D x

I am hoping it might be a girl Mummafrog! I'd love a baby girl but trying not to read too much into the different symptoms - can't say that thought hasn't crossed my mind though!

I feel a bit funny about taking medication, if it gets any worse though I'm definitely going to see the doctor.

I took meds from the start. I've had absolutely horrendous nausea for 7 weeks straight. Diclegis didn't really do much but my doc gave me Zofran and I like it so much better. I feel like an almost fully functioning human being again I also think hitting 12 weeks helped too and it's starting to subside.

Not one home remedy worked for me...nothing touched the nausea except the Zofran. No amount of mints, ginger, sour candies, sea bands would make a dent in it. I'm so glad I talked to my doctor, it has been hell the last few weeks and has made the whole experience pretty miserable.

I reached out to my doctor for medication, I do the unisom/b6 combo (Diclegis ingrediantes) but it helps the nights and early morning but not the rest of the day. I got under 100 pounds so my doctor gave me Ondanestron, it's helped me be able to actually eat meals rather than surviving on toast and plain lettuce like I did with DD.

Definitely look into seabands, they help quite a bit at least in the early weeks. I noticed with DD after 10 weeks they kind of wore off. I'm also trying a magnesium spray this time around, I've read a lot of resources that suggest that a depletion in magnesium can worsen ms.

I have it too! In my last pregnancy I had hyperemesis gravidarum and am worried it's back because I feel sick all day long!

I vomited 8 time's yesterday which is still better than the 20+ times I vomited a day in my last pregnancy but still feel so poorly all the time!

I can't do anything but lay on the sofa! My husband is taking time out of work to take my son to playschool and pick him up and when he's home we just watch cartoons and that's it! Poor boy!

I spoke to the doctors and have some tablets so far today I'm feeling a bit better but we'll see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->