Awful week & relief

Oushka

SAHM to Isobelle x
Reaction score
After a really crap start to last week, with a so-called friend showing her true colours, stress at work (Im self-employed and work from home - so couldnt even get away from it) and not feeling great last thurs I decided to go for a gentle walk round one of our fields on my horse D.
Id only been on for 5 mins when disaster struck. D tripped on a lump of grass and fell head over heels, I obviously took a tumble too landing from 5ft up onto my right shoulder. D was ok, got up and munched grass & kept nudging me - I was moaning like I was in labour! :blush:

Cutting out the detail, one ambulance, 9 hours in a&e and copious amounts of G&A and morphine later Im ok.
Torn all of the ligaments in my rt shoulder, dislocated it (which they cant relocate due to no ligaments to hold it in - so I have a horrid/wierd mangled excuse of a limb) & cracked shoulder blade - after coming out of shock on Sat (tmi - and finally able to pee!!!) it slowly dawned on me they hadnt checked baby & Id had mild cramps, even on a high dose of codeine.
So today my GP referred me to gynae ward, who admitted me - had a scan, heartbeat all ok :happydance: and consultant was lovely, explaining that baby is very well protected & Im not to feel guilty - a quiet walk out is perfectly acceptable - Im not riding anymore tho, not for a looooong time.

Im unable to drive, stuck on a farm in the middle of nowhere and hubby is going back to work tomorrow :( I struggle to type, being rt handed its a chore poking away with my left index finger but Im sure it will get easier.

Im back to the shoulder doc in 2 weeks, I may need surgery, but will cross that bridge when we come to it - Ive been told Ill be in a sling (a nice one tho!) until the baby arrives probably :cry:

We saw baby on the scan, a good strong HB and goodness its grown!

We're so relieved. I hope everyone is well, it seems I have a lot to catch up on so I know how Ill be spending the evening!

Glad all is ok, hope you get better soon

Amy xx

You sound like youve had an awful week (apart from scan though) Hope you start to feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->