Awkward clothes stage!!!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Dolly., Jun 6, 2011.

1. Dolly.

Dolly. Mummy & pregnant

I'm finding the change from 6-9 month age clothing to 9-12 month is really dragging on!!! Anyone else find this?
    The 6-9 are too small for him now and the new 9-12 month stuff he has is too big, especially the sleepsuits they're massive!!!
    As his weight gain has slowed right down now and leveled out this inbetween stage is taking him ages to grow into the next size

2. aimee-lou

aimee-lou Totally Outnumbered!!

Hate to say it but this only gets worse! Earl is now well and truly out of his 18-24 month tops but the 2-3 years are like adult size on him. His trousers are coming good now though.....the 18-24 month ones were massive on him but they seem to be about right now with some growing room in the length :thumbup: This has taken about 3 months!!!!

I remember him going from 9-12 up to 12-18 and everything was hanging off him for weeks! :dohh:

3. MissPiggy

MissPiggy Kayson and Bumpy-Sweep

yes yes and yes...Kay is slowly going into 9-12...most of his 6-9 is too short or too small, but most of this 9-12 is HUGE!! haha!! xxx

4. Dolly.

Dolly. Mummy & pregnant

glad I'm not the only one.....thought it was odd as up until now he whizzed through the sizes to the next (6-9 month has lasted him 6 months, the longest yet!)

5. MissPiggy

MissPiggy Kayson and Bumpy-Sweep

yeah kays 6-9 has lasted aaaaages!! xxx

6. whoops

whoops Just me and my LO

I'm having the same trouble moving from 0-3 to 3-6 - the sleepsuits are not too bad because she's long, although they're very baggy around the top, but the rest of the 3-6 month stuff hangs off her and most of the 0-3 is getting too tight and short.

7. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Mummy to 2 girls.

we've not had this problem yet - bella's still fitting in her 6-9 months & probably will until she's a year. so i'll expect the 9-12 to be massive on her whens she eventually gets too big for 6-9 months.
    xx

8. xSophieBx

xSophieBx Mummy to a Beautiful Girl

Must be frustrating.. we havent had this problem yet.. Lily seems to change into the next size up bang on the right age lol. Shes very long though xx

9. cat81

cat81 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning. He seems to have been in 6-9 for ages and some of his sleepsuits are starting to look a bit faded as they have been washed so many times (makes a change from packing away barely used clothes because he grew out of them).

I have bought a few things in 9-12 but he is nowhere near fitting in them yet they look ridiculous but I refuse to buy anymore 6-9 because I know he wont be in them much longer.

Oh and I just noticed that Odd socks - our babies were born on the same day!