Aww poo! Food question

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
I jsut went to the sandwich van, got a sarnie and munched it - THEN I decided to look at the label..................of course it was HOMEMADE Mayo that was used. I doubt one sandwich will do any damage, but I keep forgetting to check :(

Also - can I still have McDonalds Milkshakes? Cos I know I am not allowed McFlurries :(

Micky d milk shakes should be ok as all milk is normally pasterized but the sandwich dont do it again! i wont eat eat normal pasterized mayo just in case. If in doubt ask micky d's i had a milk shake last night from a take away and it was normal milk used. Though it turned my guts.

How come we're not allowed McFlurries? My brother used to work in McDonalds and he says its the same milk used for the mcFlurry ice cream as the milkshakes. :shrug:

And I'm sure you'll be ok after your sandwich. Just read the label in future! :rofl:

This Mcdonalds thing is annoying me now. We are allowed Milkshake but not Mcflurry? They are both done using the same machine anyway so whats the difference !!!

We are actually allowed to have Mcflurrys so dont worry.

I've ate mcflurries and milkshakes from mcdonalds :\ Its just teh dodgy icecream vans who don't clean their equipment that you have to watch out for. Mcdonalds is trustworthy enough IMO.

I thought McFlurries were ok too.
Though I don't feel like them right now.
One sandwich should be ok,I think you will be fine (((hugs)))

I had a mcflurry the other night as i just fancied it on impulse, thought it was ok as its the same as the milkshake stuff innit?

Are you totally sure? My colleague was told by her midwife that Any ice cream that comes out of a machine is a total no-no.

I'ts never made me ill before - well maybe from eating too much :D. I'm a country girl and even mud pies and falling face first in horse poo haven't made me ill yet. haha.

Well i really don't understand how it can be ok to have the milkshakes but not the mcflurrys?? Its ridiculus.

And when i was at mypregnancy group the other week, the diet expert came in because we we're having this debate there and she said mcflurrys are fine we just shouldn't have the soft icecream from the ice cream vans.

i read it was only ice cream that contained egg yoke like some ben and jerrys have in it. rest is just normal pasturized milk.

I don't think the problem with McD's milkshakes & Mcflurry's is the milk, its the machine they come out of... If they are not kept really clean they can harbour harmful bacteria which may cause problems when your pregnant. Same goes for any of the 'Mr Whippy' type ice creams. However my friend has been a midwife for over 20 years and even she said if you follow every bit of food and drink advise while pregnant you would have to live on water... Filtered of course!!!! :rofl:

I thought it was because they used the soft serve ice cream in the mcflurries(sp?)
Listeria can be in the machines....and I thought that mcd's used different machines for the soft serve and milkshake
I know that here (in canada) we just had a huge outbreak of Listeria from cold meats and I am a little paranoid...think I will be avoiding anything that it at risk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->