Baba Sling

Discussion in 'Natural Parenting' started by Poppy7, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Poppy7

Poppy7 Trained BF Peer Supporter

I've just bought a Baba Sling on Ebay (I'm going through a bit of a carrier fetish at the moment :blush: )

I have read up on them and liked the look of it for my 14 month old and also little junior when he/she comes along.

Anyone here got one? What do you think of it :flower:

2. jenstar

jenstar Well-Known Member

I like mine. I was surprised at how comfy it is. I really didn't believe that a sling over one shoulder would be comfortable with any weight of baby at all, but it really is. I didn't have it for my first son so I don't know how it is with an older child (my baby son is 9 months) but the main problem I would imagine is that a 14 month old just doesn't fit....maybe a smallish toddler would but it'd be a tight squeeze I imagine.

3. Poppy7

Thank you so much :thumbup: this is reassuring as I've never actually tried one so it's nice to know you get on with yours.

Looking on the website you can actually sit a toddler (up to 2 years) in the sling. You can also hip carry them. I look forward to getting the sling, reading the instructions and having a play with it :D

4. dougie

dougie Fluff addict!

I swore by mine until my LO was about 4 months, then it began to give me an awful bad back so it got put in the attic and forgotten about because I got a close carrier, mei tai and ergo (all much better) But we were wratching around in the attic last week and I thought I would put it in the car incase I forget a carrier, and I used it yesterday because all the trollies were wet at the supermarket...
    My gosh it hurt! Pain all the way down the centre of my back, and I had him comfortably! I think its because the bit that goes over your shoulder is quite narrow, in a way that a ring sling would be okay because you can pull the fabric out over your shoulder. I wouldn't recommend it for an older child really, although he did fit, it was just too painful!
    My LO is 12 months and 22lbs

5. pinkandfluffy

pinkandfluffy Pregnant with Number 2!

No personal experience but a friend at my bf group still has her 2yr old in it :thumbup:

6. jackiea85

jackiea85 Mum of 2 boys

I really didn't get on with mine when Joseph was newborn but when he was old enough to sit on my hip I did find it much easier to use x

7. charlene7828

charlene7828 Well-Known Member

i was plannig on getting a sling.. but was not sure what kind.. i just looked up this one on ebay and put a bid on it!! so thank u for very easily helping me make up my mind!! ha ha

8. MissMamma

MissMamma Mummy

I love my babasling...so does LO.
    Only thing is i didnt feel like i could put LO in it from birth [even though it says you can] because she was so small and all the material seemed to drown her and after i've been using it for a while it does make my shoulder ache but no more than my arms do after i've been holding her.
    Hopefully i'll still be using it when she's a toddler i love the look of the hip carry :D

9. BunnyFace

BunnyFace Mummy

I have a Baba sling which i bought to use when LO was newborn but i founf she was way too small and she looked "folded" in it. She fits better in it now though but she makes my shouldner ache :haha:

10. Poppy7

Thank you everyone! Well my sling arrived! Got a complete bargain from Ebay (probably because it's bright yellow :haha: )

I have tried Elliott in it and liked it. To be fair I need to read the instructions still though!

So far so good :thumbup: