Baba Sling

Poppy7

Trained BF Peer Supporter
Reaction score
I've just bought a Baba Sling on Ebay (I'm going through a bit of a carrier fetish at the moment :blush: )

I have read up on them and liked the look of it for my 14 month old and also little junior when he/she comes along.

Anyone here got one? What do you think of it :flower:

I like mine. I was surprised at how comfy it is. I really didn't believe that a sling over one shoulder would be comfortable with any weight of baby at all, but it really is. I didn't have it for my first son so I don't know how it is with an older child (my baby son is 9 months) but the main problem I would imagine is that a 14 month old just doesn't fit....maybe a smallish toddler would but it'd be a tight squeeze I imagine.

Thank you so much :thumbup: this is reassuring as I've never actually tried one so it's nice to know you get on with yours.

Looking on the website you can actually sit a toddler (up to 2 years) in the sling. You can also hip carry them. I look forward to getting the sling, reading the instructions and having a play with it :D

I swore by mine until my LO was about 4 months, then it began to give me an awful bad back so it got put in the attic and forgotten about because I got a close carrier, mei tai and ergo (all much better) But we were wratching around in the attic last week and I thought I would put it in the car incase I forget a carrier, and I used it yesterday because all the trollies were wet at the supermarket...
My gosh it hurt! Pain all the way down the centre of my back, and I had him comfortably! I think its because the bit that goes over your shoulder is quite narrow, in a way that a ring sling would be okay because you can pull the fabric out over your shoulder. I wouldn't recommend it for an older child really, although he did fit, it was just too painful!
My LO is 12 months and 22lbs

No personal experience but a friend at my bf group still has her 2yr old in it :thumbup:

I really didn't get on with mine when Joseph was newborn but when he was old enough to sit on my hip I did find it much easier to use x

i was plannig on getting a sling.. but was not sure what kind.. i just looked up this one on ebay and put a bid on it!! so thank u for very easily helping me make up my mind!! ha ha

I love my babasling...so does LO.
Only thing is i didnt feel like i could put LO in it from birth [even though it says you can] because she was so small and all the material seemed to drown her and after i've been using it for a while it does make my shoulder ache but no more than my arms do after i've been holding her.
Hopefully i'll still be using it when she's a toddler i love the look of the hip carry :D

I have a Baba sling which i bought to use when LO was newborn but i founf she was way too small and she looked "folded" in it. She fits better in it now though but she makes my shouldner ache :haha:

Thank you everyone! Well my sling arrived! Got a complete bargain from Ebay (probably because it's bright yellow :haha: )

I have tried Elliott in it and liked it. To be fair I need to read the instructions still though!

So far so good :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->