babies 1st birthday party?

emmadaisy

Mum to Charlie and Lewis
Reaction score
My auntie has just invited lo to my cousins 2nd party and she having a build a bear party which I thought was cute and a little unusal so its got me thinking!

My lo is 1 in 9 weeks and was wondering do you think 1 is too young to have one of these parties? he has a small group of close friends we would invite and it would cost about £150 for hall and them to come do the party, you get a bear, certificate,photo and little gift bag, and free invites and thank you cards, so all I would need to do is bit of food and cake? x

Mmmm I don't know really but I think it might be quite young for that. Just my opinion though? :)

thats what I wondering, its a lovely idea and different from others but all los friends are around same age, 1 yr - 18m dont want to spend all that and them not enjoy it, but dont know what else we could do apart from the usual:shrug:

Sensory entertainment, contact your local baby sensory class, mine is charging £100 for 45 mins x

We are doing the usual this year, she's 1 in 12 weeks, so family BBQ it is, with family and friends with babies around to play, and maybe a ball pit to play in, I was thinking of maybe a face painter at a stretch but for the older kids as the age range will be 4 months to 4 yrs.

Then party games, like pass the parcel, treasure hunt and musical statues, can't beat it!

That idea sounds great but i'd probably do it for when she's older and can remember as it's so unique xx

weve decided to leave the build a bear till hes a bit older and can enjoy it bit more and just do a family/friends peppa pig theme tea party kinda thing!!

we did a bouncy castle and soft play for LO 1st bday, with about 50 children in a hall with party food. They thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm so glad we did a 'proper' party rather than just a casual family gathering.

I think the build a bear would be good if you've got a lot of older family members/friends (we have lots of nieces,nephews and friends all under 5years to cater for) but if its only for them and same aged friends I'd probably hold off until maybe next year. Maybe you could just do a build a bear at the bear sop for your keepsake of - 'this was from your 1st birthday' rather than for the fun of them and friends actually building the bear this time?

Im having the build a bear party for my lo's 1st birthday party...the majority of children coming are between 1-3. I think its a great idea its 15.00 for each child for us and that included playing in the indoor playcentre and disco and food and invited and party bags and of course the bear. My lo wont really understand but im sure hes going to have fun building a bear with us helping him :) x

Im having the build a bear party for my lo's 1st birthday party...the majority of children coming are between 1-3. I think its a great idea its 15.00 for each child for us and that included playing in the indoor playcentre and disco and food and invited and party bags and of course the bear. My lo wont really understand but im sure hes going to have fun building a bear with us helping him :) x

thanks for that, Im so confused at the moment.
my garden isnt that big and there is about 19 of his little friends and family I wanted to invite, looking into local sure start its £25ph to hire the room then £35 deposit of which you get £25 back if you clean the room yourself! then £85 for hiring soft play, I can borrow a bouncy castle of a friend so thats ok but then youve got food, cake decorations so before you know it thats £200!!
I dont have alot of money at the moment well none really!:haha: but really dont want to let lo first birthday go with out doing anything :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->