Babies aged 1+ what do you use for swimming?

lau86

Reaction score
We take all 3 swimming, the boys use arm bands but need supervision. Dd usually uses an inflatable swim ring but recently she cries going in it as she wants to be free and kick her legs (I think). What other options are there for her age?

We used a vest plus armbands x

My first-born hated having his feet in things, so we bought a baby boat with feet holes and let him lay on his back in it, of course giving it 100% of my attention. The rest of my kids didn't like being on their backs in the water, so we put swim vests on them and held them until they could swim a little bit of their own (around 1 year old, but we have a pool in our yard, and they practice all summer long, so this will differ with experience) and then let them wear soft Speedo brand arm bands, with one parent always with the 1-year-old. By 2, we can be more lenient, but we always have one parent "lifeguarding" the pool at all times while the other swims & plays with the kids.

DD2 started screaming and being impossible to put in her seat when she was about 11 months, I had to hold her as she wasn't heavy enough for arm bands to work. Since 13 months she's been heavy enough for arm bands and she loves floating around with them on, and has worked out how to swim with them on now :).

I just hold Isla, usually with a hand on her belly while she kicks and splashes around. She always hated being contained in any way while in the water. She is 13 months and no where close to being heavy enough for armbands or life vests. I'm looking into getting her a float suit so she can have a bit more freedom as she gets annoyed at me always grabbing at her.

I just hold Isla, usually with a hand on her belly while she kicks and splashes around. She always hated being contained in any way while in the water. She is 13 months and no where close to being heavy enough for armbands or life vests. I'm looking into getting her a float suit so she can have a bit more freedom as she gets annoyed at me always grabbing at her.

I found a vest or armbands on their own didn't work, but together worked great, maybe worth a try?

From about 18 months DD has worn armbands and one of these swimming costumes with integrated floats;

https://www.splashabout.com/swimming/kids-swimming-aids/floatsuit/?gclid=CPCRpdWNxdECFRONGwodkqEJ9w

They're great 😀 she just swims off on her own now, she loves the water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->