Babies & college...

L

Love Bunny

So, I was planning on applying for college this september but having found out I'm pregnant giving birth halfway through the first year is hardly the road to success I guess!! So I was thinking I will go next september when everythings settled and I've had time to settle with our baby. Does anyone know what the financial side of it is like?? I'll be 19 when I apply and haven't got a full level 3 qualification just GCSE's A-C & a BTEC that I got in school. I'll be living with my OH and he'll be working full time and I'll be a stay at home mum til (hopefully) college. Do the colleges provide childcare? Also does anyone know if I'll have to pay for my course? And will I be entitled to any benefits?

Thanks =) xX

I don't think you'll need to pay for college, i'm starting college in two weeks and my baby is due in March. The college i go to has a free childcare place we're they take care of babies from 6 weeks while your at college. My friend started college last year and she stayed until she was about six months pregnant and then she started doing her work from home. She's supposed to start college in two weeks but still deciding whether to go to college to continue doing her work from home. Sorry i wasn't much help, good luck! :hugs:

No worries! Thanks for letting me know what you know! Anythings better than being completly clueless!! I'm gutted that i couldnt apply this year tbh i was really looking forward to it, on the other hand though id rather have more time with our baby before taking on another huge commitment x xxx

Yeah i know what you mean! I can't do my course from home because i need to be in a placement :dohh: I know i'll miss LO when i have to go back! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->