Babies Head??... is it ok?

Bexta

Reaction score
We had a scan today just in the doctors room
Not a growth scan or anything like that. I’m currently 26+6. But when they did babies head measurement it was 25+3.. we had a pregnancy prior to this which we were told baby had anencephaly and was not compatible with life. Now this is worrying me coz when I googled it it’s now mentioning things like microcephalic... did anyone else have measurements that were behind?

Please help calm me down I’m a panicker... :(

We had a scan today just in the doctors room
Not a growth scan or anything like that. I’m currently 26+6. But when they did babies head measurement it was 25+3.. we had a pregnancy prior to this which we were told baby had anencephaly and was not compatible with life. Now this is worrying me coz when I googled it it’s now mentioning things like microcephalic... did anyone else have measurements that were behind?

Please help calm me down I’m a panicker... :(
I don't have experience with what you're going through. I just wanted to say something. I wanted you to have a reply, to have your post and worries acknowledged. Did the ob seem concerned? Especially considering your history? I hope and pray with all my might that everything progresses well.

I don’t have any experience with this but I’m sure the doctor will be doing extra scans if they are worried! Was it just the head measurement that was behind? Or all measurements?

Hope everything is okay and that you get the reassurance from the doctors ❤️ All the best for the rest of your pregnancy xx

With my 1st she was always measuring behind in everything from the beginning, she was just petite born at 7lb at 40+3, my sons head was always measuring way ahead, I thought he was going to have an alien head, even though when he was born his head was on the 99.9th centile! Hes 5 now and his heads a normal size, and even though my daughter was always measuring being, shes 7 now and is also on the 99th centile for her height! Super tall! I'm sure as it's only a few days off it wont be anything to worry about hun, but given what you've been through I understand why your worrying, I hope you okay x

Those measurements aren’t super accurate - they’re measuring in cm or less, and if baby is at a funny angle or the sonographer isn’t precise enough when they’re drawing the line, the measurements can be skewed. I also believe all ultrasound measurements have a +/- 8 day leeway, so if you hit the full 8 days baby’s head would be 26+1. My money would be on the baby sitting at a weird angle though. My son measured way behind on his femur length and I was worried as it’s an indicator of DS etc. Turns out he was born tall! So try not to worry too much, if your doctor isn’t concerned you don’t have to be :)

I would say if the Dr wasn't concerned everything is ok, These measurements seem to change so much from scan to scan and I know a lot has to do with the position of the baby at that time, I know with DS during our scan with him they saw something they didn't like and as the scan went on and he moved around it changed greatly. I would say if Dr wasn't worried or concerned then you don't need to be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->