Babies Head??... is it ok?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Bexta, Jul 11, 2019 at 2:48 AM.

1. Bexta

Bexta Member

We had a scan today just in the doctors room
    Not a growth scan or anything like that. I’m currently 26+6. But when they did babies head measurement it was 25+3.. we had a pregnancy prior to this which we were told baby had anencephaly and was not compatible with life. Now this is worrying me coz when I googled it it’s now mentioning things like microcephalic... did anyone else have measurements that were behind?

Please help calm me down I’m a panicker... :(

2. erher

erher Well-Known Member

I don't have experience with what you're going through. I just wanted to say something. I wanted you to have a reply, to have your post and worries acknowledged. Did the ob seem concerned? Especially considering your history? I hope and pray with all my might that everything progresses well.

3. BSelck24

BSelck24 Pregnant with Baby #3!!

I don’t have any experience with this but I’m sure the doctor will be doing extra scans if they are worried! Was it just the head measurement that was behind? Or all measurements?

4. livziem

livziem Active Member

Hope everything is okay and that you get the reassurance from the doctors ❤️ All the best for the rest of your pregnancy xx

5. HLx

HLx Mummy of 2, Baby #3 due 9th Nov 19

With my 1st she was always measuring behind in everything from the beginning, she was just petite born at 7lb at 40+3, my sons head was always measuring way ahead, I thought he was going to have an alien head, even though when he was born his head was on the 99.9th centile! Hes 5 now and his heads a normal size, and even though my daughter was always measuring being, shes 7 now and is also on the 99th centile for her height! Super tall! I'm sure as it's only a few days off it wont be anything to worry about hun, but given what you've been through I understand why your worrying, I hope you okay x

6. Sander

Sander Well-Known Member

Those measurements aren’t super accurate - they’re measuring in cm or less, and if baby is at a funny angle or the sonographer isn’t precise enough when they’re drawing the line, the measurements can be skewed. I also believe all ultrasound measurements have a +/- 8 day leeway, so if you hit the full 8 days baby’s head would be 26+1. My money would be on the baby sitting at a weird angle though. My son measured way behind on his femur length and I was worried as it’s an indicator of DS etc. Turns out he was born tall! So try not to worry too much, if your doctor isn’t concerned you don’t have to be :)