babies position is breech @ 31 weeks

mickey

Reaction score
alright, we had our 3d-scan yesterday (it was worth every penny!!!) and as we assumed baby is breech althoug mw said baby is head down @ last appoinment one week ago!

well, they say aswell they move still a lot @ this stage, but tbh I can't imagine that they still somersaults all the time @ this stage as space gets less!

I still can feel baby kicking with its feet around the pelvis floor area and I really don't know if there is a chance baby will move in the right postion for bith as I am new to all of this!

as well I heard of sb four mws did not detect her baby was breech and @ the end she needed to have a emergency cesarean!

I really would like to get prepared for a cearean in case we need one!

will NHS listen to my concerns and give me another scan @ later stage, or what can I do?

thx, Angie

Dont worry just yet, Baby still has quite a while to turn yet, Charlie was breech and turned around 36 weeks.
Get a birthing ball and plenty of time on all fours!

I have a birthing ball already but not pumped up yet!

is sitting on it sufficient or should I do special excerices on it?

:hi:

just rockin too and fro(front to back) should help :D and on all fours helps too :D

I did circular motions on my ball. Hope it works for you, dont worry too much yet tho hun x

The birthing balls are supposed to be great for helping to turn the baby, I was to walk on my hands and feet (so your bum is up high in the air) to help shift baby round.

I think my wee one is breech too, the MW said he/she was head down on Friday but my kicks are really low down too (unless I've got a boxer in my tum!)

I wouldn't worry, bubs has plenty of time to turn around.
:hugs:

The birthing balls are supposed to be great for helping to turn the baby, I was to walk on my hands and feet (so your bum is up high in the air) to help shift baby round.

I think my wee one is breech too, the MW said he/she was head down on Friday but my kicks are really low down too (unless I've got a boxer in my tum!)

lol bet tht was fun heavily pregnant!!!

you have time yet even if u are breech at 37 weeks they still have a 2 in 3 chance of turning it
even though my would not budge lol

Hi mickey. Glad you posted this as I went to my midwife and she told me not to worry but my baby was breech. :wacko: She told me to go back to see her in a month to see if baby has moved and if not then I will need to have a scan and decide options of a cesarian or epidural and forceps. I am worried about both as I dont think I can be awake through an operation as it will freak me out and I hate needles so the thought of a drip in my hand during an epidural makes me feel anxious. Actually, the thought of giving birth scares me too but she has to come out some way, bless her.

Do you find this position really uncomfortable as I do as my bump is all up front under my boobs so I cant put my shoes on and she is kicking down by my bladdar which makes me dribble and need a wee. sorry tmi:blush:

Hope your baby moves and I will give the birthing ball a go and the all 4s x

When should baby move from breech position then? :blush:

well, it's really true!

they still move round a lot at this stage!

one week ago, baby was breech and it was like miss maternal describes! little bit uncomfy, especially the kicks on the bladder :wacko:

since then baby has moved twiced. firstly I felt kicks sideways again, and now she seems to have her feet somehow facing towards my belly button, as I can feel something very hard, shaped like a foot there (might also only be my imagination!)

it's all so exciting and knowing birth is coming closer, doesn't make it easier, as I am worrying too!

the idea of having a cesarean section or having an epidural in place is not pleasant for me either!

but as the others say, there is obviously no need to worry just right now, as bubs still has time to turn!

I can imagine, that at the stage of labour, we possibly will only think about having bubs out, no matter how :ninja:

Wobbles it really all depends. My first didn't go head down until I was about 36wks and he came at 38wks ( 2wks before his birth)
My second engaged at 36wks and was born at 37wks ( 1wks before his birth)
Then my last baby didn't engage till the very last week actually 5day before I had him.

Some babies have been known to turn just when labour starts.

Most 1st time pregnancies bubs is usually engaged by around 36 -37wks and some alot earlier.

Unless your MW is worried, I really wouldn't worry at this stage.

Seren was in a perfect birthing position at 38 weeks and at 42 had turned back to back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->