Babies/Pregnancy and College

MissMamma

Mummy
Reaction score
How does it work?

Just curious i want more but want to get some education too :haha:

It's hard work, for sure. I'm still not ready to leave Lily for long periods of time, so I'm taking my classes online, but there are only so many that are offered online, so I'm going to have to end up actually GOING to class soon :( It's hard to focus on school when there is always something better you could be doing while the baby sleeps (cleaning, eating, napping yourself, etc), so in that sense, it's sometimes hard to find the motivation. When I do end up going back to the in-class classes, OH and I are going to have to alternate schedules (daycare is way expensive), and that in turn will make us not able to see each other very often. Not to mention that going to class is pretty much impossible to do if you're also a WORKING mother. So for ALL those reasons, OH and I are waiting until we are both graduated to have another!! :) xxxx

I'm seriously at wits ends knowing what to do :haha: i want to do an access to HE course in september but need to save up £700 as they are cutting funding with some courses! Also have you heard of the OU, its distance learning University courses though some do require you to be in work placement, it depends what you wanna do really. These are usually funded if you are in recipet of a benefit like Housing benefit, council tax benefit, or something x

What happens if you're due to give birth halfway through your course??

I stayed in college right till the day before i had her! I went back when she was 8 weeks old for exams and mainly did my work at home, its hard work but it will be worth it!

How do you do your work at home?
Sorry for all the questions, i must sound so dumb!

Its hard!! But worth it, good to get out the house and exercise the old brain ;), have some adult conversation and feel like I'm going somewhere with my life. I went back when Noah was 6 months and I felt fine about it, had had a lovely summer with him and was ready to start leaving him (although I do miss him :() If you went in September your LO would be 10 months so that sounds like a good age to me :D IF you wanted to of course. Its definitely hard I wont deny that but its a good challenge xxx

I'm going back next week,and absolutely sh*tting it :nope:

And what about breastfeeding?

HV said to express for LO. Whilst at college apparently they have to let us express if we need to, so my HV and head of year agreed (behind my back) that I can use the medical room to express, and use the medicine fridge to store it until I go home... Speak to the tutors and see what they recommend :)

What happens if you're due to give birth halfway through your course??

This happened to me when I was pregnant with Lily. I was due the week before finals and ultimately could have ended up going over and giving birth during finals! The university said it was basically up to the individual teacher to decide how lenient they would be with me. I had to email all my teachers and explain that I was pregnant, etc, and some were okay with letting me take my finals early, but some weren't- so the ones who weren't, I just couldn't take their class. I would just talk to your adviser at school and see what they say about it. But also, keep in mind, it's kind of miserable to be going and sitting in class when you're 8-9 months pregnant and absolutely huge, lol!

But, even though there are a lot of negatives, it is SOOOO worth it to finish school. I am so excited to graduate. I will be so proud of myself, and I know that later in my life, my daughter will be proud of me too. I HAVE to finish school, to give Lily a better life- the one she deserves. I hope you can figure something out!

It's really difficult. I work and I go to college, both full-time but I have a really supportive FOB and a supportive family so they help me out TONS. I do online courses, so I do all my work at home and go into school to take tests and exams. But really, it's hard to stay motivated but as long as you have supportive people to help you out and watch your LO so you can stay focused and do homework/study than it makes it a little easier. I breastfeed, but while I'm away from Kenneth I pump. Thankfully at work I get pumping breaks, so I pump two times for 10 minutes. Than I will pump again while I am doing schoolwork if someone is helping me watch him so I don't have to stop schoolwork and breastfeed. :flower:

Hey Hun!!
I am still in a high school, my senior year, i didnt get to start back to school until 6 weeks till after Gracelynn was born.
I was out of school for 3 1/2 months, i had a tutor come to my house for a hour to 1 1/2 hr to give me my work and i could take tests. Sometimes the teachers made my work less but sometimes it was all the same.
I ended up going back to school when she was 6 weeks old and that was the hardest thing to do. I stopped pumping for her when i went back because i couldnt breastfeed gracelynn and i didnt have the time to leave class to pump for her, no fridge to put the milk in, my supply was low. but i am going to school monday thru friday 7:20- 2:18 and my mom watches gracelynn

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->