Babies routine when you return to work ..

lily24

Reaction score
Im going back to work part time in June.
I have Jack in a really strict routine because i feel hes so settled in it, one different move on a day can put him all wrong and its just not worth the hassle.
Im worried that when i return to work, (my mum is looking after jack) he is going to slip out of his routine and my mum wont know exactly what is wrong or what to do. Sounds silly because obviously she has had children & knoes how to handle them but what if she ends up with a screaming monster on her hands because she doesnt know his routine inside out?
So worried about him getting upset too...
Anyone else have advise on routine when returning to work?

We put the LO in daycare at about 4-5 months and I was really worried about it. However, she seemed to adjust pretty well and quickly. I was also worried because I was with her on Tuesdays/Thursdays and daycare Wednesday/Friday and my MIL/FIL on Mondays.

With my MIL/FIL, I basically wrote down her 'typical' day and they've pretty much worked with it except that they take her for longer walks but she loves that. I've recently lost my job but we decided to keep her in daycare and give MIL/FIL time on the Mondays still and she seems okay with that as well.

Maybe write it down for your mum and see how it goes. She'll speak with you on anything that she can't figure out and handle.

Good luck and as I was told, I was the one with more problems with MY routine being disrupted than the LO. She adjusted after a few days... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->