Babies sleeping in their own room - what age?

Ben was a noisy sleeper too - he went in at either 6 or 8 weeks (cant remember of the top of my head).

My LO was in his own room from 10 weeks, this was purley due to the fact he was a big baby, and outgrew his moses basket at this age. We have a small bedroom and noway a cot could fit in it. It was a squeeze with the moses basket! But we have the monitor on when he goes up to bed, downstairs, then when we go to bed we take up the monitor in our room so even tho were next door can still hear him clearly. Have had no problems with this. I also worried that if I left it until 6 months, the transition would be much more difficult. Just to add he is also a noisy sleeper not from his vocal chords but for his legs, he bashes them on the matress really loudly in his sleep lol.

I started at birth. Her room is right across from mine and with the doors open i can see her crib from my bed. Still when i went to visit my mom i slept in the same room as her and could not get any sleep with all the grunting. Her room at our house is far enough away I cant hear the little noises but I can hear her cry loud and clear.

Not sure why they recommend that, they don't tell us any of that here. TBH Elyse would have probably been in her own room from birth if I had the space for her own room.. but she'll be in my room until she's like 18 months I think :( I am so not looking forward to making her go into her own room!

Callie has been in her room for a week now since she was 6 weeks old, I have an angel care monitor so that makes it easier for me to sleep :)

Emma's been in her own room from 5 days old. She sleeps in her crib, is placed in a wedge so she doesn't move at night and we have a movement-sensitive monitor. All 3 of us (Emma, DH and I) all seem to sleep better that way ... and I think the longer I keep her with me, the more difficult it will be to separate. My Mom had us in our own rooms (with no monitors back then) from Day 1 and we were just fine. :)

It's just my personal preference and I didn't actually think it's what I would want to do, but it is working for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->