Babies who NEED a routine

L

Laura--x

Maisies one of these....

Her routine is never strict on time, but she certainly knows if its 20 minutes later than usual and certainly lets me know about it.

On the odd days wehre i havnt been able to keep her routine ( bath,bottle,bed ), although shes stilll gone down ok to start with, shes up numerous times throughout the evening and during the night.

Im glad in one way that she has a routine, but what happens for example on holidays??

Were hoping to get away the end of september. Does this mean i have to be back in the hotel by 7 every evening to give her a bath and put her to bed? What do other people do who have babies who need routine in these circumstances? Thinking a bit far ahead i know but still...

Isobel was like this before going on holiday but she goes with the flow during the holiday week, and she settled back into a routine within two days in getting back. It's also good that it teaches them to be flexible. I always made sure I was back at the cottage by 7 - I was tired :rofl:

yeah i think its about finding a balance...i have a routine with harry, but sometimes (like if we go to in-laws later in the evening) he skips the bath and has a slightly later bottle, but the rest i try and keep the same.

We're going on holiday in a few weeks too and I was worried about this and assumed we'd have to be back at the cottage for 5.30 (early I know but that's her bed time and she loves it!) to put her to bed and not be able to eat out or anything. My Mum says to put her down in her pram after her bath and bottle and simply take her out with us...I'm not too sure about this and can't help feeling it's going to wake her up and completely upset her routine but will give it a try lol!

You could prob get away with following the routine through the day but i know what you mean about night times...You could prob do baths at a slightly different time and she wouldnt know any different and when its time for her to go to bed maybe let her sleep in her pram while your out and if possible find a quite place wherever your going?

hope this helps xxx

As a mum of a baby (well toddler now) who loves his routine and didn't sleep throught the night till he was 14 months old I am trying in any circumstances (sp?) to keep up with his routine. So when we went on holiday we made sure we were back at the hotel by his sleep time (mind you, we went to Greece, which is 2 hours ahead so worked perfect for us).

What I can suggest is to have a suite with 2 separate rooms. So you can put your LO to sleep in one of them and maybe have a romantic meal in the other :) Or I loved having our meals on our hotel balcony.

I was going to ask the same question!! Ellis is the same hun, come 6pm he gets grizzly and as soon as he is dressed after his bath the crying starts until he stops. We are off to Cornwall in 2 weeks and whilst he is flexible during the day, I am dreading the evening but I know he'll be fine. We are not ones for sitting up and watching the evening entertainment on holiday till late but we would like to go out a few times to eat! I'm pleased to read that others have adapted easily and I hope our babies do too!!

Just keep up the routine as much as possible. Different surroundings will distract and probably interest Maisie so she might be ok with slight deviations from her usual routine.

I know what you mean though, Ruby needs her routine too and we're going away for the weekend, I'm slightly concerned but think she'll cope ok.

We have the same problem with Phoebe, she has had a bath, bottle and bed at 6pm every night since she was 2 weeks old. Come 6.05pm if she is not in the bath she gets really grizzly and will cry and cry until she gets her bottle. Tonight we were running late by 30 minutes and boy did we get to know about it. I'm really worried about how she will be on holiday during the evenings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->