Babies with Colic

sazza

Reaction score
Lewis has had Colic for quite a number of weeks now (he is almost 12 weeks). We have had him on Colief drops for around 4 weeks now, which have been excellent. However, for some reason Lewis still has times where he is very unsettled. It seems he has pain and discomfort when having a bowel movement (no signs of constipation). We had him at the GP today, who confirmed it's due to the bowel contracting, and said it's okay to give him Calpol before bed to help with the pain.

We have given him Calpol tonight, although I'm not keen on doing this regularly. Does anyone have any other suggestions, or would like to share their experiences? Just to add, I've also tried baby massage techniques such as circular clock-wise motions on his stomach, and bicycle legs.

Thanks in advance. x x

Nolan was a colicky, reflux baby and still has issues with settling at night. But with age it has gotten better. So perhaps try the medicine for a bit and see if it helps.. i know what you mean though about not wanting to keep him on it.

I hope someone has some other advice for you :flower:

Stella was colic and I was told just to deal with it. After trying everything I eventually put her on a lactose free formula(she was BF) and I had a new baby after a few days. I feel for you. I just wanted you to know that it does get better. It was so hard to enjoy her the first 4 months but now she is the BEST!

We still use Enfacol and Gripe water for LO everyday, we put it in his formula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->