Baby acne

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
Does your baby or has your baby ever suffered from baby acne?

Tristan has quite a lot of red bumps/spots on his cheeks and chin and the midwife has said that it is baby acne and that it should clear up in a couple of weeks.

Is there anything I can do for it in the meantime? At times, the spots look quite angry - especially after he has been crying or has been feeding.

My lil man did have spots for a week, midwife said it was because of some of my hormones still running through him?? and said they will be worse after he sleeps or crys as he is warmer then and this cause it to look worse and not to worry about it. :)

Hopefully it will start to clear soon :) XxX

Jay has this too :( A few spots started to appear about a week ago and within a couple of days he had them all over his face. The HV also told me not to worry about them and apparently they can be caused by their skin adjusting to the environment.

They are starting to go down now and look a lot less sore, I just wish there was something we could use to make them disappear, but I don't think there is :shrug:

xx

maybe just to get it cheeked by doctor hun i would :hugs: harry had mega red cheeks took he to doctor friday and he has dry head doctor said it was inflamed exmar :hugs:

Amelia had this when she was a few weeks old, its does look sooo sore and angry. The best thing is to just leave it, you could put some olive oil on it if it looks dry.

I will post a pic of Amelia with spots and now without, her skin is perfect!

This is a couple of her with bad skin, this is just before they got really really bad!

Attachments

• 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 013 (2).jpg
    013 (2).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 17
And a 2 taken in the last couple of weeks.

I wouldn't worry about them as they will clear up and their skin will go back to being perfick, just like they are! :D

:hugs:

plus this was an lil extra excuse to post more piccies of my lil angel hehe

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 20
My baby had bumps all over her body just like Whispers baby, but not really too many on her face. I freaked out and called the nurses and they said its completely normal and just happens because the baby is used to living in water and when they are out in the air their skin reacts. Its all gone now, didn't last too long. I didn't put anything on it.

Pheeewwww........ I was starting to worry. Rihanna as got these too. Had them for a few days now and also get worse when upset / feeding. thank god.... your saviours on here let me tell ya xxxxxxxxx

Thanks girls! Your advice is really reassuring.

xxx

They can also get the little pimples on and off if you are breastfeeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->