baby after c section and natural birth

mummy88

Reaction score
hi everybody,
expecting baby around end of jan next year so about 6 weeks atm.
just wanted some advice really before i go see mw..

my 1st baby(little girl) was a natural birth, then my 2nd little boy was born by an eventful csection( id gone overdue and they had induced me, not realising he was breech until they felt a foot on examination!)

last year i had my 2nd little boy by vbac which i was over the moon with, as really didnt want another c section. this was in hospital.

as this will be my last, i really want to have a homebirth. a few of my friends who have had babies recently had home births and i could tell how much more relaxed they were.

do any of you think they might let me, as i had no complications with my last son?
any advice is much appreciated xxx

I'm going for a home VBAC with an independant midwife - I'd reckon that as you had a successful VBAC in hospital there should be no problems with you going HB. I'm in NZ so different setup but I've read many ladies on here saying they have to attend you in the UK if that's what you choose - there's no "allowed" about it. Beware of the "we're too short staffed" line. There's a really great link over in Natural Birth and Parenting section to a dedicated british HB website and it outlines all your rights and what to do if you meet resistance. Sorry I don't have the link but go for a rummage over there and you'll find it. Best of luck and if it's what you truly want then do your resaerch and make sure you get it! HTH xxxx

thankyou. ill go have a nosey..
wishing you well with your little one xxx

Sorry I cant help hun, didnt want to read and run. They tried inducing me with my DS, didnt work so had csection due to high risk pregnancy.

I have heard the word vbac but what does it mean???

Sorry just found the meaning on the net, I think I will probably be having a csection again!

Sorry just found the meaning on the net, I think I will probably be having a csection again!

Aw, maybe not. Is this pregnancy high risk too? if not, there's no reason why you can't VBAC - Induction is known to greatly increase the C-Section rates, your body is being asked to do what it's not ready for, though it depends on cervical ripeness etc at time of induction. Have a good read, not just Google and see what you think. ICAN has a good forum and the natural birth section on here is a great source of info. I started this pregnancy scared to death of another "emergency" section so thought I'd definately go for an elective. having read a lot more now I understand what chain of events led to the last one and that there is nothing wrong with me, so have now completely reversed my thinking, after the gentle suggestion of a friend. Of course if you are still High-Risk that changes things a bit and a healthy baby is the best outcome, no matter how it gets out! Hope it all goes well and whatever you decide, you'll find support here. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->