Baby and 19 month old - where does baby sleep in the day?

Samemka

Mummy of 2 girlies
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have a 2 month old and 19 month old & up until now nap times haven't
been an issue as Katie didn't really sleep during the day as she had bad reflux and we're only now starting to get it under control. She's an amazing sleeper at night (probably because she doesn't sleep much in the day) - last night 6.10pm right through til 5.45am. She sleeps in her moses basket. But in the day I'm struggling because if she falls asleep during a bottle, if I pop her down either in her bouncy chair or babynest, Emma just won't leave her alone, not in a nasty way, she just wants to stroke her or try to cuddle her or shouts baba at 600000 decibels lol. So I've started putting her upstairs with the baby monitor in there, and she actually gets some peace there....she only seems to nap for 30 mins at a time in the day but she's probably not that tired cos she sleeps so well at night! Eventually when she has naps in the cot in the day, this way it won't seem much different and she'll be used to it.

(I should add our house is all open plan downstairs so that's why I put her upstairs, we've got no door we can close downstairs to pop her into another room so it'd be quieter for her, otherwise I'd do that)

I was just wondering what other Mummies do with their LOs and an older sibling? I'm not sure I'm doing the 'right' thing but I've tried popping the travelcot in the kitchen but Emma just stands at it, shouts baba, gets upset, or tries to throw things in, LOL.

If Shes getting sleep upstairs then is put her up there.
I keep my baby downstairs in the day. My baby is 2 months and eldest 19 months to. Lol
I'm lucky that Joshua leaves Riley alone when sleeping and baby sleeps they all the noise. If he didn't tho is do napa upstairs to.

Its strange, if Katie falls asleep in her rocker Emma doesn't bother, but if she sees me putting Katie down asleep, she does.....probably that when she falls asleep in her chair, Emma's given up harrassing her, but when she sees me popping her down if she's fallen asleep after her bottle, she thinks ooooooo, best play with baba for a bit, lol!!

Bless. Sweet that she wants to play... you'd think she would notice baby was boring when asleep lol!how u finding having two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->