Baby Aspirin & Progesterone Cream

Firefox

Mummy- 2 gorgeous boys :)
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently found out the I am pregnant (friday)! I have had history of low progesterone and conceived on my first clomid cycle after ovarian drilling.

Anyway to cut a long story short literally as soon as I tested positive on Fri I started getting brown spotting and quite bad cramps (Ive had cramps since ovulation). I was scared so started using the progesterone cream that I bought online, basically using a pea sized amount twice a day.

I also have been taking baby aspirin since ovulation too.I am still spotting a bit..its there sometimes if I wipe and a few spots in my knickers. Sorry if tmi!

My question is has anyone else had a similar experience of spotting for days after bfp?

Is anyone using their own progesterone cream/ is this ok?

Is it ok to be taking baby aspirin? Thanks!!

Hey you

Firstly congrats!!!! I am prescribed baby aspirin and cyclogest progesterone suppositories by my docs. I have had 3 m/cs and the consultant who I saw after the 3rd suggested that I take these once I fall pregnant again.

I have been lucky in the fact that I have not really experienced cramping as such but have had my fair share of spotting too which I have not had in previous pregnancies.

I personally would not take anything without being prescribed it by the docs/consultants.

Not sure if the spotting is a coincedence or not xxx

Thanks rumpskin, Im hoping that I will be able to get a docs appointment tomorrow so I can check it all out! Yeah I feel really un easy about taking things that arent prescribed but dont know whether if i stop now it will cause more harm than good if you know what I mean. Especially with the spotting and cramps its un nerving,

Congrats to you too, hope you have a H&H 9 months :flower:, I cant get my head around week one being the week of the first day of the menstrual cycle?!?? that is right isnt it?

Thanks rumpskin, Im hoping that I will be able to get a docs appointment tomorrow so I can check it all out! Yeah I feel really un easy about taking things that arent prescribed but dont know whether if i stop now it will cause more harm than good if you know what I mean. Especially with the spotting and cramps its un nerving,

Congrats to you too, hope you have a H&H 9 months :flower:, I cant get my head around week one being the week of the first day of the menstrual cycle?!?? that is right isnt it?

Sounds like a plan!!! And yes, you are correct weird eh!!!! :wacko:

Yeah I dont get it!! Does that mean if I do a digi test I could get 3 weeks + ? Im CD34 today think I ov'd at CD16

Yeah I dont get it!! Does that mean if I do a digi test I could get 3 weeks + ? Im CD34 today think I ov'd at CD16

Mmmmm, not sure about that one. I got my 3+ on digi last week when I was 5 weeks +.

When was your LMP?

thanks, my first day of last period was the 28th Dec

I dont know! soz!! Ive had an LP defect in all of my previous cycles (I dont ov without clomid). They have ranged between 21-27days! Dont think Im going to know until I do one!!?

Re: progesterone cream -- I used an all-natural one starting after ovulation the cycle I fell pregnant. I was using it every day but stopped a few days ago. I didn't have spotting or anything, but I hear it's very normal.

Good luck with everything!

Dont quote me but working on your LMP was on 28 December and your average cycle is 24 days, you are about 5 weeks pregnant so the digi should come up with 2-3 wks by now or maybe 3wk +!

How exciting!!!

Get to your docs tomorrow and let me know how you get on :happydance: x

Yeah def will do thanks for your help! x

I really don't know what to say... I'm not a Dr, so I can't really say you should be using this stuff, but I understand what drove you to do it.

I take aspirin, 81 mg, one time a day, as well as a Prometrium (progesterone) suppository, 100mg, 2 times a day.

I do this because of a suspected blood clotting issue during pregnancy, as well as a theory that I suffer from low progesterone. Neither of these have been proven 100% to be the case, but my Dr and I have decided there is little risk to having me on these 2 different forms of medication.

So, I would assume, neither of these is going to hurt you either. But I would definately check with your Dr to see what his/her opinion is. I've heard that Progesterone cream can be kind of sketchy as the dosages may not be consistent. So they may even switch you to an actual prescription for that.

Thanks sherri Ive been to the docs and I still dont know what to do for the best!!?

:cry:I cant believe the docs appointment ive just had I've had to come home straight away as I cant stop crying! Im supposed to be in work too, I need to get all my crying out before I go in!!

It was awful! She made me do a urine test and then said Im really sorry to say this but its negative!! I was like wtf!! Then she said oh sorry there is a faint line yeah if it were me I would say its a positive! Obviously that upset me and I cried in front of her. I'd already explained that I'd done 6 tests all positive & even took the digi from today!

I explained about how I was using progesterone cream and taking the aspirin & whether I should still be doing it? She basically said that it wont do any harm but I dont need to take it - didnt really give me a straight answer as what to do as she said its up to me & I dont need it I dont know what to do??! She refused to presbribe me progesterone suppositries. She said whatever is going to happen will happen regardless, I should have a natural pregnancy as everything up till now has been medicated as I had the hormones to get pregnant in the first place I should have the hormones to support it. She also did the whole "its natural to be concerned etc as this is a much wanted baby" but I cant determine the outcome of this pregnancy. She said I should book in with the midwife at 7 weeks for the blood tests etc and to go back if the spotting gets worse in the next week or if I start proper bleeding.

Any advice on the aspirin and progesterone cream would be appreciated?!! I kinda thinking of ditching the aspirin but not the progesterone cream I just dont know what to do for the best?! Soo wish I'd never started taking either of them!!! I thought doctors were supposed to make you feel better rather than worse!!!!!! x

How much were you using Camoqueen?

Firefox,are you still using it and when do you plan on weening off it?

I'm 4 weeks and have been taking it since 9dpo, and I take 1tsp a day.

Hi Allie, im using a tiny bit of serenity prog cream morning and night still supposed to be an eighth of a teaspoon-impossible to measure!! Im still using it but plan to wean myself off it at 12 weeks...same with the aspirin. Im not quite sure how to wean myself off with both, maybe do once every other day for a week then nothing?

are you deciding whether to continue with it?

I take baby aspirin and use the progesterone cream.I started them both before my BFP.I told my dr at my first appt.He told me to continue them until 12 weeks.I am sorry your appt did not go well.:hugs:

Famof6 how much progesterone cream are you taking?

Firefox, I'm like you and wish I had never started!!! I also like you thought they'd prescribe me progesterone cream but when I had my levels taken after my BFP they were normal--actually, higher than normal--but I had already started the cream the day before and the nurse who told me my blood test results told me just to keep taking it!

I'm so annoyed at myself for starting it, and I'm taking much more than you, as well. It sounds like you're taking 1/4 tsp a day so I'm taking 4 times more than you!

My worries are that I will forget a dose and cause a miscarriage, or that I will rub it in to an area that it won't absorb as well.

It's really frustrating.

I wish I could get off of it but I guess that's not an option at this point? I'd probably give myself a miscarriage.....:( I'm just going to worry about this damn cream until 12 weeks.

So, I guess I have no advice on how to ween yourself off it but now that you're 10 weeks I think your placenta is starting to take over. Maybe you can just do it once a day for a week, then every other day only once a day...I don't know. How do they wean off people on the suppositories?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->