Baby Ben 25/9/08

Miss Duke

Mum of 2 gorgeous kids!!!
Reaction score
Hi all! Finally getting round to doing the birth story, before I forget the details.

I had a sweep at 40+5, at 9.30am. The mw said I was 1cm dilated, and my cervix was 25% effaced and quite posterior. I had a show at about 3pm. I went out for a walk at 5pm, and at 6pm contractions started. They were very mild and irregular. This went on for a couple of hours, when they were about 10 mins apart, so I went out for another walk, with my tens on.

When I got back, the contractions were every 10 minutes. At 11pm they were every 7 minutes, and I decided to ring my mum as she would need to come round to look after dd. We headed to the hopital about midnight. I told dh to park in the carpark rather than drop me at the door as I wanted to give the contractions a chance to resume after sitting in the car.

Well this was a big mistake!!! Took ages to get across the carpark, I was in agony!! Finally got into the hospital, and was examined by a mw, only to be told I was 2cm!!! I was gutted!!! My labour with dd progressed really fast tho, so I wasn't happy when the mw said I had to go home again. Eventually she agreed to let us go into the mw led unit, but said they would defo send me home. So we were in there at 12.45am, and were left on our own. By this stage my contractions were constant, and I was in so much pain I couldn't talk. I was bouncing on the birthing ball. DH realised I was pushing, I didn't even know, he recognised the signs from when I had dd. He ran out to get a mw, who came in and told me to get my trousers off and to get on the bed. I took a bit of coaxing lol, but when I did get up, my waters broke and 2 pushes later, my beautiful boy, Ben, was born. This was 1.30am. He weighed 7lb 10oz.

The birth was amazing, and I felt 100% fine after, such a contrast to my dd's birth, which ended in episiotomy, vacuum and piles of stitches.

Nicola xxxx

Wow Congratulations!! :happydance: Welcome to the world baby ben!!

I want a labour like that!! Congrats!

well done!! Congratz on the arrival of your baby. :) :hugs:

You make it sound so easy!! Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->