Baby Bjorn carriers

Nut_Shake

Reaction score
Bonjour to all!

I'm trying to decide which Bjorn carriers to get, can anyone shed some light? There are a few different ones, which ones do others have? I want them for just walking around the house so i can wear one baby and hold the other, and for going on holiday for me and my hubby to use. The original carriers seem fine but the ones with back support obviously sound like they may be better?

https://www.babybjorn.co.uk/products/baby-carriers/

Can anyone help? Fanks :flower: xxxx

We got the one with back support, think it's the synergy, would definitely recommend it, particularly as LO gets heavier. We got a good price for a new one through a shop selling on ebay. The cover for bad weather is useful as well.

We had the active carrier with extra support - but once Ruby reached about 20lb it made our shoulder ache after like 5 minutes. Also the Bjorns in general make LO kind of 'hang' in an awkward position which isn't great for them.

We've obviously got to try ours out yet, but went for the Active as it has the extra back support and will last longer as LO grows.

Alot of people will advise against BB carriers, but the worries are to do with carrying babies forward facing, which goes with ANY carrier. Its to do with hip and spine development issues. Simple solution - always use the carrier so LO faces into you! I've had many friends use BB carriers and loved them & there is nothing wrong with their LOs!! xx

I inherited a BB with additional back support and honestly it was only vaguely comfortable while he was younger and weighed a lot less. I'm much happier with my Ergo now and the support and weight distribution it provides.

Unfortunately the Baby Bjorn active saying it is suitable for up to 12kg is just sooo unrealistic, my OH is very strong and does a manual job yet couldn't carry Ruby in it past about 9kg.

We've obviously got to try ours out yet, but went for the Active as it has the extra back support and will last longer as LO grows.

Alot of people will advise against BB carriers, but the worries are to do with carrying babies forward facing, which goes with ANY carrier. Its to do with hip and spine development issues. Simple solution - always use the carrier so LO faces into you! I've had many friends use BB carriers and loved them & there is nothing wrong with their LOs!! xx

They still basically hang from their crotch though...something that places the baby in a sitting position, with knee to knee support is much better :thumbup:

I also found I couldn't use a BB by the time my LO was 4 months. It *killed* my shoulders very quickly.

If you like the idea of a buckled type carrier, a SSC [Soft Structured Carrier] would be a much better buy...they're much prettier too! Have a look at Connecta, Rose and Rebellion, Babyhawk Oh Snap, Ergo...there are looads more brands but those would be a good place to start. There's more info over in the Natural Parenting section, or Natural Mamas :)

I have an Air so he doesn't overheat when I wear him in the house xx

Agree with AFC84, I'd suggest having a look at a SSC. I have Manduca and it's great!! And I have friends with Ergos that rave about them. We have a BB too and I've probably used it once - so uncomfy :(

I've also heard that Baby Bjorns are extremely uncomfortable as baby gets heavier and all their weight 'hangs' on their crotch. We've just bought an Ergo with the new Infant Insert. Haven't tried it yet but it does get good reviews.

Great, thanks everyone. Have looked at the ergo after your recommendations and it looks fantastic, may just get a couple of those instead xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Great, thanks everyone. Have looked at the ergo after your recommendations and it looks fantastic, may just get a couple of those instead xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have an Ergo too and wear it all day long. I really recommend it above a Bjorn (which I also have so I'm not biased here, but the Ergo really is much better in every way!)

hey I was recommended an Ergo by the lovely ladies on here and its great, it gets a big:thumbup: from me. It's a little bit fiddly at first with the infant insert but after a couple of goes its so easy to use!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->