Baby Blanket Chat

ChickenMommy

Mother of 2
Reaction score
I didnt learn to crochet until almost the end of my last pregnancy. I have since made both of my kids blankets for their beds and they love them HARD. My son has been sleeping with his since he was 5ish months old. Its been washed so many times that the yarn is starting to break.

We found out yesterday about this baby. I knew I wanted to make a blanket for baby. But since we're not finding out the gender, I figured why not make a gender neutral blanket.

Im sharing this graph with yall, feel free to use it. Im crocheting (Im sure it would work for knit too). Im excited to someday tell this little bean that I started his/her blanket the day I found out I was pregnant.

ETA: Im doing a linen color for the background and black for the heart.

Attachments

• pattern (1).jpg
    pattern (1).jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 4
Very nice I've been crocheting for 3 years now I can't wait to start making blankets and hats for this baby I'm waiting until after my 12 week scan

It's lovely, I wish I knew how to do something like this!! X

This is lovely, i have bought myself the hooks and really want to learn. I had a quick go the other night but the outcome wasn't that great! Guess it will take practice!

This is lovely, i have bought myself the hooks and really want to learn. I had a quick go the other night but the outcome wasn't that great! Guess it will take practice!

It does take a TON of practice! I wanted to give up so many times when I was teaching myself. But I kept at it and now I own my own business :) Practice practice practice!

Completely off topic, but I remember you from when I had my first! I had mine 9/17/13. Looks like we're having another around the same time. ;)

Completely off topic, but I remember you from when I had my first! I had mine 9/17/13. Looks like we're having another around the same time. ;)

AHHH! YES! I remember you! I have been watching for anyone from last time, but havent seen anyone until you. How fun! Congratulations :hugs:

Beautiful design! I especially like that the heart has an elongated tear-drop shape. Lovely!
I crochet as a hobby. It's the way I de-stress after teaching all day. I'm working on a 3 strands crocheted together chunky, textured throw in red, white, and blue. It will make a good play mat, I'm thinking. I also started a corner 2 corner in baby soft rainbow pastels with a 4.5 mm hook. It should take me a while to complete.
Have you seen the popcorn crochet designs? I'm so in love with them, and I definitely plan on making a baby blanket with the baby's name and birth date "written" in it later on.
I can't wait to see the progress on your heart throw! So nice to meet fellow "hookers" here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->