• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

baby bleeding from lady area

mrsstreet0417

Mom to Isabella and Emma
Reaction score
my baby is 6 months old and this morning when we changed her diaper there was light blood coming from her lady area... checked 2 more times it was still there-its gone now. has anyone had this happen and if so what was it? i have heard of new babies having this but not her age? thanks in advance!

I know this sounds patronising but its not honest. are you sure its from there and not bottom?

I'd also heard of that in new babies but not so sure once they're older. I would give NHS Direct a call just to be on the safe side. Then again they're on my speed dial, they probably know me by name by now! :blush:

yeah i checked this morning just to make sure because i thought the same thing that it might be from her bottom

I agree with the above poster, id give nhs direct a call just to check x

My HV told me that in the first year they have what HVs call a "first period" its normal according to her, buh if ur in doubt it wont hurt to call nhs direct hun x

My HV told me that in the first year they have what HVs call a "first period" its normal according to her, buh if ur in doubt it wont hurt to call nhs direct hun x

I got told this as well as LO had a tiny bleed when she was newborn. Never knew it happened! :wacko: Something to do with the hormones that have been passed from mum to baby.

I'd give HV a call and check. Chances are all is okay, but better to reassure you x

Sorry I'm not sure, just didnt want to R&R, I'd call the doctor just in case. x

well, just to update.. her doctor was not very helpful yesterday the doctor told us she was not bleeding anymore (which we knew) and to keep an eye on her... well, there is blood again this morning so back to the doctor we go :/ I dunno...

they are treating it as a UTI and have her on atibiotics now because she is still spotting so we had to take her to the doctor again

ah bless her! doctors can be so dismissive sometimes glad you went back! hope she gets better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"