Baby blue? Or need to see someone?

mummyosborne

Reaction score
I'm so sad all the time. I just sit and cry when no one is around, and in the evenings I pretend I'm having a shower and just sit in the bathroom and cry. I feel like such a useless mum. I failed at pregnancy, and now my little soldier is in hospital miles away and I only get to see him a few hours a day, he must feel so alone. I'm so angry at myself, I shouldn't sit around feeling sorry for myself, my dd needs me, she's so confused already and I wish I made more of an effort with her but I'm so emotionally exaughted I can't bring myself to leave the house unless its to go to the hospital. I feel like they would all be so much better off without me. I don't feel like I can talk to oh about it because he's struggling with balancing work, dd and visiting the hospital I don't want to add crazy fiancé to his list of things to worry about. I just don't know what to do anymore, I'm just hurting all the time.

Hi there! You've only just given birth so your hormones will still be raging around and it won't help being away from your new little bundle. I wouldn't hide how you are feeling, it really helps to talk to someone, your fiancé would be the best person to tell, he may be busy but you are his partner and you need to remember you are both a team. I can't know what you're going through as my LO was born full term but certainly don't let it build up.

By all means have a good cry, we all need it sometimes and I cried lots after LO was born because its such an overwhelming time of your life.

I can't really give you much advice on your daughter as I'm a FTM and LO is only 9 weeks! But I suppose just letting her know that you love her and giving her a hug might just reassure her.

It sounds like baby blues since its so soon after your baby's birth, but if it continues into week 3 and beyond then maybe go see your doctor. I don't know all your story but you haven't failed, you've done a wonderful thing bringing a beautiful baby into the world. sure, he's early but NICUs are so good now and it's the best place for him at the moment. Being away from him must be so hard so give yourself a pat on the back for doing so well!

keep your chin up! you can get through this :)

I know you said you don't want to speak to your OH but I think you really need to. Speaking to someone might help. Its no good keeping it all in. As the previous poster said, if it continues then you should go and see a doctor. In the meantime, eat reguarly, TRY and get out a little and speak to your partner.

I'm three months pp and I still get teary, being a mother is really overwhelming and I'm full of mixed emotions. Sometimes its good to talk.

You will get past this xx

Hello mummyosborne we were in 3rd tri together I'm feeling very similar and I have no worries don't beat yourself up you have failed at nothing your little man is fighting but so are you I cannot imagine what your going through, you really need to not bottle it up talk to your fiance. my dd is a few years older so its a little easier for me to explain that my bodies gone through alot...... Stay strong and remember emotions are not weakness thoughts with you I hope it is just the blues but as pp said speak to gp if goes on more than 3 weeks although because of your circumstances a certain level of blues for a bit longer maybe expected you have alot to deal with :hugs:

thank you girls, your kind words really helped. Ive tried to be more open about how im feeling but its very hard, i worry that people will judge me i guess. But ive been making time to do things for myself which has helped a lot and made sure ive seen friends more and things. Thank you girls, it really means a lot that you took the time to reply xx

be kind to yourself :hugs::hugs: I still hole up in the bathroom and cry about once a week and things are going swimmingly :haha: try not to dwell on things too much, talk to your OH when they come up and then just try and leave those thoughts on the table and continue on with the day. getting in a bit of exercise each day can help loads will give you those happy endorphins. try and get outside each day even if its just a little jaunt around the neighborhood with your toddler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->