baby born 35+5 sleeps loads thia normal?!!

ClaireRJM

Reaction score
my little girl was born last monday @35+5, now 11 days old all she ever seems 2 do is sleep

breast & bottle feeding & had last feed 6am this morning, is now 14:29 still asleep?!!!

bit worried?

She will sleep loads its normal hun, youve got to think she would still be in your stomach now. The more she sleeps the more she will grow xx

my lo was born at 35 +2 (she is 4yrs now) all she did was sleep!
i asked the midwife if it was ok, she said it was totally normal, like mumof42009 said if she was still in ur tummy all she would be doing is sleeping and growing.
i was told 2 wake her 4 a feed every 3-4 hrs in the day tho cos she was a terible feeder x x

my lo now 1 was born 35+6 and she did sleep alot, but she also had jaundice which made her more sleepie. 'IMO' i would wake her for a feed.

Definately completely normal, they need their sleep!

Yep I agree, Poppy used to sleep Loooooaaaaddddssss :) xx

my 34 wker and 36 wker both slept loads but also did my term baby ...Though even my term baby bcos they was small i woke every 3 hrs to feed cos there blood sugars can drop ...how much does she weigh ?€

my little bro baby was also born then aswell, and all she does is sleep but the mw told them they must wake her every 4hrs for feeds otherwise she wud loose weight x

mine were born at 34 weeks and they sleep all the time. i too was told to wake them every three hours to feed them as they wil sleep through their feed otherwise. so it seems normal but i would not let your baby go more than 4 hours without eating. i just start changning diapers to wake them!!

mine all slept until their due dates and then gradually decided to wake up a bit each day !!! XX

Sofia used to sleep all the time, in fact it wasn't until she was about 8 or 9 weeks that she started spending a bit more time awake.
She came home at 3 weeks old, and I was told to wake her every 3 hours for feeds, 4 hours max at night at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->