Baby breathing?

XKatX

Reaction score
I'm having this really weird moment. There's alittle bit of buba rythmically going up and down. It looks like it's breathing. Do you think thats it? It's not jerky, kicky, glidy or anything like that. And definitely isn't hiccups. I was about to video it for you, but then it stopped! It has been going for a good 15 minutes.

More than likely is!

Out of my three pregnancies, I experienced this with my last one. It's amazing!

I've had this too! I like to think it is baby breathing-your right Leeane, it is quite amazing! x

wait.. baby breathes in the womb? what does it breathe? fluid?

I had this last week too. I was so sure it was baba breathing, it defo wasnt me! I asked my MW about it and she said yes it is. She did say though it may not be babys chest breathing if the umbilical cord is close to the skin it can be that. But either way it is still baby breathing :D

Amazing isnt it?

xx

Yep i think it is baby breathing! Iv had the same quite a few times! I love to sit and watch it!!

I thought it was, but didn't want to be thinking it was when it doesn't happen! It must be about the 5th time I've seen it now. It seems even more amazing now I know what it is!!!

I love it when she does this.....:cloud9:

x

I know! I rested my hand on it today and it felt like a real bonding moment. Doesn't it make it all sort of real and even more mad!!!!:cloud9:

I love watching it too :D Last week at my scan we were watching her breathing fluid on the screen too... Really neat.

wait.. baby breathes in the womb? what does it breathe? fluid?

Yup. It's practise, it's not for oxygen as that comes in the blood from the placenta.

I've not been lucky enough to be able to see it yet though. I've only just figured out hiccups so I think baby's chest is somewhere out of the way, too far to see the subtlety of breathing.

Yes,I've had this too. It's amazing isnt it.

OH has felt it too,and he couldn't get over it. :cloud9:

Awww :cloud9: My LO was doing that today too, was sooo cute!!

omg that is so cool, I hope I canfeel Izzy doing this soon!!!!!! x x

I've heard about this and it sounds amazing!! I haven't seen my bubs do it where my bump moves, but on my last scan the sonographer saw it and showed me on the screen, and that was amazing too!
xx

I had this the other day and wondered if it was breathing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"