baby carrier

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
Well after today at a carboot and Lo not wanting to be in the pram, Oh gave in and brought a baby carrier, thing is now my sholders kill lol

I got one like this,
https://www.mothercare.com/OBaby-Ca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

But mine also goes on your back after 6months if you want

For anyone who has not used from birth, does it get easyer? i mean i went from nothing to carring about a almost 15lbs baby in 1 for over an hour while he slept lol and it hurts now lol

Those just get worse, they aren't very good for your back or shoulders so the heavier they get the worse it is. I would think about a wrap or mei tai instead

I agre, i had a baby bjorn and whilst it was fine when Alex was smaller, its sore on my shoulders now so i went for a Moby wrap carrier.

Those just get worse, they aren't very good for your back or shoulders so the heavier they get the worse it is. I would think about a wrap or mei tai instead
WSS :)
A meitai or a wrap would be infinitely more supportive for a growing bubba !

reason we got this one was because we saw someone in a shop getting the other types put on/shown how to use them and kept almost falling off and nearly dropping a 1month old at most on the floor

Wow that's crazy! Yeah the wraps take awhile to get the hang of, honestly I never could, it drove me nuts, was just too much. So we have a babyhawk mei tai and I LOVE it!!! I can now put it on my front or back with Hayden with no help, the first couple times I had OH hold him there while I tied it up. But they are much easier to do than wraps IMO

Well that sounds just awful !
When babies are that small especially you neednt even put them in the wrap til its all tied up and its very hard to get a meitai wrong once youve had apractice with a teddy a few times !
If your not keen on the tying have a look into a connecta or rose and rebellion, buckley like the one you have but distribute the weight better and have wider more padded straps so comfy as you like :)

thanks i will look into them, and yeah we where horrified and the lady with the baby looked so scared, so OH said "We are NEVER getting one of them!!" thing is it was a very well none store who should of none better than to obv have someone who new nothing about it try to show a lady with her baby in it

Those types of carriers are horrible, atleast for the fram of a woman. We have a Evenflo Snugli which is a lot like that one, I can't wear it, but its good for DH who likes it. Get a cloth carrier, like a Moby Wrap, Peanut Shell, New Native, Mei Tei, Hotsling, etc. I had a Moby Wrap with my son and loved it. Now we use a sling called a Munchkin Jellybean and its great. If it does start to hurt its because I need to readjust it after awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->