Baby chillin' upside down??

wlovew

Reaction score
So I went yesterday for an ultrasound to check on the progress of baby, I was 9+6. Baby looked great! HR of 171! measured 10-10+2! Doc didn't say anything about the position but I've never seen a baby appearing to hang from the top of the uterus?? I started to freak out that it was flipped over the umbilical cord already...shouldn't it face the placenta kinda sorta??? Or am I just trippin?? lol :shrug:

Attachments

• babysmall.jpg
    babysmall.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 17
They're always flipping around in there! You're fine x

Did the ultrasound tech maybe flip the image on the machine? That's what it looks like to me. If not, I wouldn't worry about baby being breech or anything just yet though. Baby still has time to flip back around the right way!

I had weekly scans with my daughter and she appeared to be in the oddest positions all the way through.... Often upside down! Weirest was when she was just a face looking at me.... Looked like a skull on the scan with no body! She's fine, healthy and definitely has a body now so no worries there. :thumbup:

I had a scan at 16 weeks and baby was in that position, I went for a walk and played with my LO and when I went back to the scanning room baby had flipped :) lol x

Was this an internal u/s? If so I ran into the same thing. The tech said that the top of the uterus is actually the bottom of the picture, it's flipped.

I'm pretty sure you have no worries. They move all the time at 7+5 my baby was upside down too. Straight chilling, lol.

It was an internal scan done by my OB and she didn't say anything about baby's position, just said baby looks great!! And when I asked if it was safe to tell people now she said absolutely! I've seen other people's internal scans and baby wasn't positioned like this lol But baby looks good and I just heard the heartbeat again this morning with my doppler (been cramping, had to check...)! It's amazing to hear it and makes me bawl every time!!!!!!! Just announced my pregnancy yesterday and I'm so happy the news is out!!!!! I am SO EXCITED for motherhood I can't even put it into words!!!! The dad is a 39-year old loser deadbeat immature F-face but I won't go there :) He can't ruin this for me!! Yaaaaaay!!!!!

My 12 week scan with my first was like this with my daughter lying face down. It worried me loads at the time but she was completely fine.

It was an internal scan done by my OB and she didn't say anything about baby's position, just said baby looks great!! And when I asked if it was safe to tell people now she said absolutely! I've seen other people's internal scans and baby wasn't positioned like this lol But baby looks good and I just heard the heartbeat again this morning with my doppler (been cramping, had to check...)! It's amazing to hear it and makes me bawl every time!!!!!!! Just announced my pregnancy yesterday and I'm so happy the news is out!!!!! I am SO EXCITED for motherhood I can't even put it into words!!!! The dad is a 39-year old loser deadbeat immature F-face but I won't go there :) He can't ruin this for me!! Yaaaaaay!!!!!

click on the September sweet peas list, then go to page 105/ my baby is in same position, lol

wlovew, since it was an internal I can tell you with 100% certainty that the image is flipped. Mine was the exact same way in my last u/s and I asked the tech if the baby was upside down and she told me about the reverse image.

It's hard to explain in writing but when you look at the shape of the scanned image the bottom of the image is wider than the top. That's because the top is closer to the wind that they use and the image goes out from there and goes wide. The thinner part of the image is actually the bottom of the uterus.

I went to ultrasound school for almost 2 years and I'm just now like..DUH haha! It's been a few years (bunk school, no degree, $42k student loan debt...really horrible) and my school didn't have the certification to do trans-vaginal in the lab. Yes, the top of the image is where the probe is!!!! Still, I have never seen another internal scan like this! Glad it's not an issue tho. When I went for my 6 week scan the doctor said the baby was right in the middle of my uterus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->