Baby clothes are so cute!

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by justkitty, Jun 1, 2011.

1. justkitty

justkitty First Time Mum

Tortured myself today in a shop by passing the baby section and metally thinking which clothes I'd buy for a boy and girl....

Tempted to buy but no point!

2. Imaan

Imaan Well-Known Member

:( I was looking at the Next site yesterday. It is so tempting to buy.. they are just so cute. I hope we will have the pleasure of doing so very soon :hugs:

3. wantanerd

wantanerd Well-Known Member

I am always tempted to buy baby clothes and I have broken down once. Well I didn't really break down since I was shopping for my best friend and found a sale of incredibly cute girl clothes. I bought 12 outfits for 25$ but as I was packing the box to ship everything to her, I couldn't part with this cute dress. But I have it locked away. DH doesn't even know i have it. I am hoping one day to have a baby girl who will wear it. =)

4. Maurie

Maurie TTC with 1 Angel

I love looking at baby cloths, however my weakness is all the maternity shirts. . . We are in trouble when it happens. I am going to buy many shirts. I have already started looking at the shirts I now buy to see if they would work with a baby belly.

5. readyformore

readyformore Well-Known Member

Oh, I love baby clothes too!
    When I first started to ttc my first, I bought a few cute sleepers. 19 months later I wanted to take them into the backyard and torch them in a bonfire!

6. ao30

ao30 Well-Known Member

I have a box tucked away, of little things I bought back before we even began TTC. It's funny, because at that point I did not think much about being a mother, but there was still this pull... This past spring I almost gave everything away, but something kept me back.

7. Armywife84

Armywife84 Guest

Even though I refuse to attend anymore baby showers, I still had such a fun time picking out baby clothes. I loved going to Baby Gap and the Children's Place.

I have thought about buying some baby necessities, then again I didn't want to jinx myself. I would be afraid the cashier, mothers in line would try to engage in some friendly conversation by asking me how old my son/daughter is. What would I say? "Oh I don't have any children, this is just wishful thinking." :nope:

I do have a friend however when she's feeling broody, buys baby items and stores them in a tote. Apparently, it helps her broodiness disappear for that day.

8. Rivetkitten

Rivetkitten Well-Known Member

It's bad enough I have to give away all the baby items I own this month...going and seeing new ones would crucify me.

9. usernamemoi

usernamemoi Member

I was just going through the Argos catalogue torturing myself with all the Prams (bit naff this catalogue) and cribs...
    Mentally spent about 400pounds... :'(