Baby club weight loss group

Thanks for the quorn sausage tip Kitty. I am a terrible snacker at the moment (never used to be!) What is everyone else snacking on?

I tend not to eat breakfast, which I know is a bad start!! So am going to try my best to eat cereals every day for breakfast. Lunch for me is usually toast or a sandwich so gonna cut the toast out as I insist on piling it with butter lol, so a sandwich or salad it will be! Dinner tonight is curry & rice which isn't too bad as it's a low fat curry sauce (crap at making my own lol).

How are you all going to monitor your weight? I am going to use the wii fit as it tracks it for me and tells me off if I am bad :rofl:

I weigh just over 12 stone. Pre pregnancy I was around 11 stone and trying to get back to 10.5 which I haven't weighed for a good 5 years now! So the big aim is to get to size 10/10.5 stone but for now I'm going to concentrate on the 1st step which is to lose the spare tire and double chin and to fit comfortably in size 12 jeans (currently in size 14). I aim to do this by cutting down on the junk food and going for a 1 hour walk every day.

I'm interested to know any tips for eating healthy lunches that take minimal prep. I find it really hard to fit in time for lunch around LO and I never have 2 hands free so end up eating biscuits and crisps most of the time.

What is everyone else snacking on?

I am a dreadful snacker!! Luckily there are no choccy biccies in the house right now!! Actually, there aren't any bad foods in the house really, I was a good shopper last week lol! I must buy more fruit though for snacks, I like fruit but never eat it!

I tend not to eat breakfast, which I know is a bad start!! So am going to try my best to eat cereals every day for breakfast. Lunch for me is usually toast or a sandwich so gonna cut the toast out as I insist on piling it with butter lol, so a sandwich or salad it will be! Dinner tonight is curry & rice which isn't too bad as it's a low fat curry sauce (crap at making my own lol).

How are you all going to monitor your weight? I am going to use the wii fit as it tracks it for me and tells me off if I am bad :rofl:

I am gonna use my wii fit too.

I've been snacking on ryvita with piccalilli spread on top lol as well as friut.... oooh and a lollipop if i'm craving sweets/chocolate xx

Can I join please :)
I need to loose 2 stone, aiming to loose the 1st stone by march (1st wedding anniversary). I'm planning on going for regular walks with lo and might even invest in an exercise dvd of some sort :) Food wise I am taking the lots of veg less fat approach.

Ok I made it over while the beast is napping...shhhhh don't wake up yet Finley-Monster!

Thanks for this Kitty - I SOOO need motivation.

I weighed 13 and a half stone before I gave birth to Fin. I was 9 and a half stone before I got preggers. I've managed to get to 10 and a half stone already but I'm really flagging now. I want to be comfy in all of my size 10/12 pre-pregnancy clothes; I can get most of my 12s on but need heavy-duty lifting equipment to undo the fly once I'm in some of my jeans...good contraceptive though :haha:

these are my motivational pics - the first is when i'm at about 9/9 and a half stone and the second is my chubby chops when i was about 30 weeks pregnant...

Attachments

• n714231265_1137524_8923.jpg
    n714231265_1137524_8923.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 34580_409443301265_714231265_5076136_3162073_n.jpg
    34580_409443301265_714231265_5076136_3162073_n.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 25
Ok I made it over while the beast is napping...shhhhh don't wake up yet Finley-Monster!

Thanks for this Kitty - I SOOO need motivation.

I weighed 13 and a half stone before I gave birth to Fin. I was 9 and a half stone before I got preggers. I've managed to get to 10 and a half stone already but I'm really flagging now. I want to be comfy in all of my size 10/12 pre-pregnancy clothes; I can get most of my 12s on but need heavy-duty lifting equipment to undo the fly once I'm in some of my jeans...good contraceptive though :haha:

these are my motivational pics - the first is when i'm at about 9/9 and a half stone and the second is my chubby chops when i was about 30 weeks pregnant...

You're so pretty! and thin!! I haven't been that thin since i was 9 :rofl:

Yay... this is already going far better than I expected lol! Such a good turnout already!

Jojo_B - Can I just say you're just stunning too!

I'm making myself sound a bit gay... I'm not... just can't not compliment a gorgeous girlie lol

ETA: Lol Newlywed... me and you are the perves in the corner... phwooooaaarrrr!

i do think weightloss is down to your way of thinking. Last week was a crap week, i felt frumpy, arguing with DH, the kids were misbehaving and ended up eating biscuits nearly every day :blush:. i got up this morning after a great night sleep (thank you leyla) more positive and ive had a healthy breakie and dinner i got a half hour workout in when my little Leyla boo took her nap :)

hi so at the moment i weigh 14st 6lb:blush:
my 1st mini goal is to be 13st by the 12th april then ill take it from there.
i am hoping to start TTC#2 just before brodie is 1 and want to be as fit as possible as it took a good couple of years to concieve the first time.
good luck everyone x

Hi! I've made it over here too! I'm currently 10 st and would like to get down to 9 st. (I was over 12 st at the end of my pregnancy) I'm following something similar to weight watchers, where I go every week to be weighed. I've lost 5,5 lbs since I started a month ago.
I really want to lose weight because I start back to work next month and I'm still in my maternity jeans, all my other clothes don't fit!
Good luck to every one, and thank you Kitty for setting this up!

oops i should have quoted! thanks newlywed and kitty! :haha:

Thanks for this Kitty! What a great idea!

Pre-preg I weighed in at 120 lbs and was a size 2 (US). I went up to 168 lbs by the end of the pregnancy. I'm down to 135ish (depends on the scale) and wearing a size 6 (US). I'd like to hit my prepregnancy size by June 1st. I'm not focused so much on weight but rather how my clothes fit.

Now that I've been cleared as healthy by my doctor after my c-section, I've started working out again. We're lucky to have an elliptical and weights with a full mirror in our basement - so I have NO excuse to not work out at least five days a week. I haven't lost any weight, but my in-between pants are fitting a bit more loosely in the waist.

I'm focusing on fitness rather than dieting since (a) I can't stick to a diet and (b) I find that cardio and light weights help me lose lbs faster. That said, I'm definitely trying to limit my unhealthy snacking and continuing to eat relatively healthy meals. My DH is a bit of a health nut so we already eat pretty balanced meals.

Good luck to everyone!!

firstly thanks for doing this i need motivation big time!!!

well im going to be honest and am a little embarrased to admit that i weight 11st 4. 4 babies ago i weight 8 and a half to 9stone, so im losing 4 baby weights lol my aim is to lose 2 stone by the end of june as that is when we go on hols. i really want to do!!

so far today i have eaten
breakfast: bran flakes
lunch 4 rivitas with low fat cream cheese and a cup of tea.
dinner: will be a smaller portion of a roast dinner.

im trying not to eat past 7pm and im trying to move more in the day (other than housework) but not really sure what to do???

Whilst feeding my little princess I was thinking of all the physical movement I do in a day just with her.....

Rocking - we rock her to sleep, therefore working out the stomach and back muscles
Walking - both in her pram outside and up and down the house when rocking fails to get her to sleep, therefore working out the legs, bum and good cardio
Playing - Am always on the floor playing with her, up and down, rolling around etc (yes, I make a fool of myself for her enjoyment) So surely some gain there?
Lifting - We are going to get her weighed tomorrow, but am sure she is around the 14lbs mark now, thats good weight lifting lol, therefore working out the arms!

So then spending half an hour on the sofa with a coffee when she naps is surely a well deserved rest?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->