baby daddy question..

myangel167

Reaction score
Did your husbands/boyfriends/male significant others come right out and say that they want to start ttc? Or did they just beat around the bush about it?

THE REASON i ASK-I only know of one friend of mine who has 3 children, and her husband was straight forward about wanting a baby. Everyone else I know says that their hubbys were kind of indifferent about the subject, and then when they got the bfp, their husbands were excited.

like my guy drops hints that he wants to be a father ALL THE TIME. (he will talk about things he wants to do when im pregnant or when we have a baby, or he will say how cute he thinks i will look when im pregnant, or when we see baby stuff at the store he will say he wants to buy that sort of stuff for our future baby, etc. and a couple months ago AF was a week late, and when i started, he admitted he was a little bummed that i wasnt pregnant.) but if i ask him straight up if he wants to start ttc, he shoots it down and says he isnt ready yet. makes me so confused! i have baby fever so bad and when he talks like that i get so excited

my hubby wants a baby as much as i do, weve been trying for over a year now, theres a couple of times i thought i might be pg, but AF came, he was upset but tried to hide it.
I think maybe your hubby doesnt want to openly say he wants to try for a baby, coz hes worried antics in the bedroom will change? -you know, be more about "right time of the month" etc, rather thank just SEX?

thanks for the response chimmi. i kind of was thinking the same thing, like if we say we are officially ttc then maybe he will feel like he is under too much pressure or something.

yeah I think a lot of men think like that don't they?

If they know "tonight is the night to make a baby" it panics them and they feel they have to perform, but if they are having sex and don't know when the egg is, they dont mind!

My hubby is TOO keen, he asked me the other night "when is the next egg due" so I said about 3 weeks as I should have just "laid" one (haha) he said "thats ages! I thought it was every week!!" - I wish!

haha! guys are funny like that. i tried to explain ovulation to my guy awhile back. im not sure if he was listening or not? lol

My hubby was so laid back about TTC #1 that it kind of pissed me off...but when my first BFP ended in a MC he cried as hard as I did! Needless to say he was 100% ready after that...

This time around he is constantly talking about "Nelly" (our future daughter) and how excited he is about having another baby. He has even started moving things out of his mancave so that he can turn that room into a nursery! I'm the one feeling pressured now!

thanks for sharing Curligurl. Sorry about your loss. I wish u the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"