Baby doing "pincer grasp"?

channy3232

Reaction score
How old was your baby when they started using the "pincer" or "pincher" grasp? Rocco is not quite 7 months and I'll put little puffs on the tray of his high chair and he has successfully picked one up and put it in his mouth about 8 times now. He's really getting good at it! Is this about the right age? Or is he early? I've read 9-12 months?

Yeah think it's 9months, guess he wants those puffs, hehe.

:shrug: I don't know if it's early or not but Hannah's pincer grasp was pretty good by about that age.

I read in my baby development book it is 8 months before they can do the pincer movement but Myles can already do it!! He gets hold of his mouse's ears like that all the time!

Amelie started with blueberries and could pick them up at about 6 months. She has been able to pick up tiny crumbs of toast or bread since she was about 9 months but she'd always had very good gross and fine motor skills.

I think Aisling was about 7 months too

Finn was able to pick tiny bits of crap off the floor and eat them from before then so I guess our kids are skilled, lol.

Summer has been doing it since about 6 1/2 months old and has been able to feed herself juice from a two handled cup since that age also, i've read that drinking independently is about 1 year so she's doing well!!! lol.

Its all up to your baby how he develops :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->