Baby Due Date

LoobyLou75

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I have been looking over my maternity notes and have seen that there are about 3 different dates that have been noted throughtout my pregnancy so far.
I was originially given 15th February by my LMP date, then emergency scan at 7 weeks showed I was a week ahead of my dates so gave me 8th Feb, then 4D scan at 24 weeks showed she was measuring as a 22/23 week old foetus but now somewhere my EDD has been changed to 9th Feb.
Went to midwife at 28 weeks and Fundal Height was measuring 27 weeks and went again yesterday for 31 week check up and Fundal Height is measuring 30 weeks,therefore my date on maternity notes says 14th Feb, so would you keep your EDD as original dating scan date or put yourself a week back?

I have always been told that the early scans are the most accurate. Your 7 week scan should be much more accurate than any taken after 20 weeks. Also, as far as I am concerned the dating by fundal height is not at all accurate later in pregnancy. When I was 30 weeks I measured 36 weeks by fundal height. 36 weeks was impossible because 36 weeks earlier I was pregnant with a baby that I lost. Later in pregnancy your fundal height is affected by the size of your baby. I WAS 30 weeks, but my son was 22 inches and 10 pounds...that takes up room, hence I measured 6 weeks ahead of schedule.
I would think your date should be Feb 8 - as was the result from that early scan.

Thank you for that. Both my other babies were born small so I'm not expecting a big baby but it's so confusing with all the dates i've been given, part of me wants to think well, she's due around that time but it'd be nice to say yes, this date instead of this, this and this date!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"