*Baby Dylan arrived on 16/12/09 by c section* now including birth story

proud mummy

3 boys and pregnant
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Happy to announce the birth of our beautiful baby boy Dylan Thomas born on Wednesday 16th December 2009 at 1205pm. He was a footling breech and was born by elective c section.

Both baby and myself are doing well although im still sore. I will write up the full birth story when I can a chance.

*****birth story******

Well I finally have a chance to write up my birth story..

My C section was planned. I went to bed taking the anti acid tablets. Woke up in the morning and took more tablets. Rubbed my belly for the last time.

Headed to the hospital for 7.30 as arranged and went to the ward to wait. Waited and waited. Finally saw a midwife who got me ready into the lovely hospital gown and stockings lol. Didnt know where I was in the queue but was so nervous time was dragging. Then about 11.15 out the blue the midwife popped her head around the curtain and said "ready". I was like oh hehe couldnt believe my baby would be here very soon.
Anyway I walked to theatre and went into a side room where the anestatist (spelling?) scanned my back to find the right spot. I then shuffled myself with the midwife standing behind me to the theatre room she was covering the flapping at the back haha.

I sat on the table while they put the canular in (very painful, was the most painful thing of the whole experience). Then the anestectic was put in my back which was a quick sharp pain. Then the put the epidural in. I lay on my side while they sorted the cathetar in my back and then asked me to roll on my back. I told them I couldnt as I had no feeling in my legs already. Once on my back (with help) They put the screen up and fitted the catheter which i never felt.
They put more monitors on my finger and chest. The sensations you can feel with the epidural is hard to describe. You can feel them doing things all the time but never feel pain. I could feel tingling when they were putting the sheets over me. I felt tugging on my belly but was never sore or anything.
Then the staff said to my husband get your camera ready your baby is about to be born. He got up and looked over the screen and got a picture as Dylan was born into the world.
They took him away to be cleaned up and eventually I heard him crying. They brought him over to me and he lay on my chest.

The staff were great the atmosphere was so relaxed they talked to me the whole time. I was so nervous about having surgery but would do it all again in an instant my boy is gorgeous.

Dylan was born at 12.05pm on 16th December 2009 weighing a healthy 7lbs 8oz. Dyaln is a little brother to Marshall who is 26 months. They are getting on great. Love my little family and soooo looking forward 2 our 1st Christmas with Dylan.

congrats huni!! i was the same as you, i had a c-section sue to kye being footling breech!!! xx

congrats huni!! i was the same as you, i had a c-section sue to kye being footling breech!!! xx

Aww thanks congrats 2 u too. How long did it take you to recover from the section or you still recovering now? Obviously it has only been a few days for me but my wound still stings now and again. How long did that last with you? Cant wait to feel normal again x

Hey girl! long time no see! congrats on the birth of ur baby boy! :hugs:

Congratulations on the Birth of your baby boy!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"